Richard III discussion

Book Discussions > The Beggar's Throne by David Falconieri

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Thought some of you might be interested in this book set during the Wars of the Roses. I have it but have never had the chance to do more than to dip into it. It's now on Kindle (and I suppose other e-readers as well) for a decent price.

The Beggar's Throne

message 2: by Joan (new)

Joan Szechtman | 401 comments Oddly, the Nook version at B&N has a David Francis as the author, but if you read the description, it says that David Falconieri. Based on the cover, etc., it is the same book.

message 3: by Firefly (new)

Firefly | 10 comments Thank you, Susan! Love it when they price the Kindle books more realistically. Anyone heard of Lord Protector?
A little out there in fantasy land but at 99¢ could be fun.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Firefly wrote: "Thank you, Susan! Love it when they price the Kindle books more realistically. Anyone heard of Lord Protector?
A little out there in fantasy land but at 99¢ could be fun."

I downloaded a sample of Lord Protector and wasn't really grabbed by it. But since the price is right, I might buy it at some point. I think Misfit has read it or downloaded it.

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
I did buy LP out of curiosity and I can handle $.99 for that. I read a bit and wasn't overly impressed. I'll eventually finish it one of these days.

message 6: by Firefly (new)

Firefly | 10 comments Misfit wrote: "I did buy LP out of curiosity and I can handle $.99 for that. I read a bit and wasn't overly impressed. I'll eventually finish it one of these days."

Thanks. Good to know. Too many of those 99¢ stinkers and you may as well have bought something worthwhile. Beggar's Throne looks like a decent deal at 2.99.

message 7: by Joan (new)

Joan Szechtman | 401 comments I like that I can sample it first.

message 8: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Joan wrote: "I like that I can sample it first."

I couldn't agree more. Especially for the ones at the HF boards at Amazon that keep mentioning their books in the Bar none best historical fiction thread as the book to read :)