Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > August Book Nomination: Contemporary ***CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (last edited Jul 15, 2011 01:31PM) (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 235 comments Mod
Victoria wrote: "I'd like to nominate the Women of Justice series by Lynette Eason. My actual nomination would be for A Killer Among Us, but the first book in the series is Too Close to Home."

Victoria wrote: "I'd like to nominate the Women of Justice series by Lynette Eason. My actual nomination would be for A Killer Among Us, but the first book in the series is Too Close to Home."

Time to nominate our August Group Read!

Rules
1. Nominations are open from the 1st until the 14th of the month. I(Abbie) will let us know which book has "won" on the 15th.
2. Books are chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
3. One nomination per person.
4. This month is Contemporary!
5. It must be a Christian Romance Novel.
6.Authors that we have read in the last six months can not be picked. Here is a list.

Laurie Alice Eakes Read April 2011
Karen Witemeyer Read May 2011
Jillian Hart Read June 2011
Emma Miller Read July 2011

Again using Random.org Contemporary is the theme this month!

Contemporary means written in present day. It can be a western or a mystery romance etc.

1. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones(Abbie)
2. A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter(Rachel)
3. Love Is a Battlefield by Annalisa Daughety(Lorie)
4. Cool Beans by Erynn Mangum(Carissa)
5. The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher(Kristy)
6. Love Remains by Kaye Dacus(Ausjenny)

message 2: by Abbie (new)

I picked Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones I read this one a few months back and it was a great read.

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments I Don't know how to tell if it is contemporary or historical?

message 4: by Abbie (new)

Contemporary is present day. Historical is early 1900s and earlier.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 76 comments The Art of Romance by Kaye Darcus is a good contemporary

message 6: by Abbie (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "The Art of Romance by Kaye Darcus is a good contemporary"

I just read that but I would say read the first book in the series first. Love Remains by Kaye Dacus

You don't have to but it is a series and readers would feel a little left out reading the 2nd one first. I just finished the one you suggested and its very good series!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'd like to nominate A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter.

message 8: by Abbie (new)

Rachel wrote: "I'd like to nominate A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter."

Another great choice!

message 10: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Cool Beans by Erynn Mangum

message 11: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments I would like to nominate this book The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I did a search for Christian Contemporary romance and this one was listed. Thanks.

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 76 comments Abbie been sick for a bit you are right the first one is best to read. Can I change to Bridge to a distant star by Carolyn Williford? I just finished it and wow its good.

message 13: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I'd like to nominate the Women of Justice series by Lynette Eason. My actual nomination would be for A Killer Among Us, but the first book in the series is Too Close to Home.

message 14: by Abbie (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "Abbie been sick for a bit you are right the first one is best to read. Can I change to Bridge to a distant star by Carolyn Williford? I just finished it and wow its good."

Its not a romance so it can not be include but it does look like a good book. I will put the first book of the other series on for your choice as I am about to pick.

message 15: by Abbie (new)

I'm sorry but the nominations closed at midnight. I am a little late getting the pick up and I am sorry for that. Working on that now.

message 16: by Abbie (new)

Using random.org the pick for the Month of August is...

1.Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

This is a fun book and I hope everyone enjoys it!

message 17: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Abbie wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I'd like to nominate the Women of Justice series by Lynette Eason. My actual nomination would be for A Killer Among Us, but the first book in the series is Too Close to Home."

I'm sorry but the nominations closed at midnight. I am a little late getting the pick up and I am sorry for that. Working on that now."

I realized that about 3 seconds after I hit the post button, LOL! Perhaps next month!