Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1)
This topic is about The Rise of Renegade X
Book Club Discussions > July 2011- The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
Use this thread to discuss The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell, our superhero themed book. Please mark spoilers.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
I'd like to read this book, but my library doesn't have it.

Maree | 233 comments Well...sad to be the first one to comment after so long of reading, but maybe everyone had a difficult time getting a hold of it. I thought it was a pretty great book, really funny in that sarcastic-teenager way. I wasn't too big on the need to put a love triangle in it, but I thought it sorted itself out in a remarkably calm way, so that lack of teenage angst was nice.

Emily I just got a copy the other day, and it's next on my reading list.

Morgan  | 21 comments Overall, this was a pretty good book. The storyline was really unique, and the characters had great personalities. I was a comic book junkie in high school so this was really fun to read. It seemed like the author was in a rush to wrap it up though and I didn’t like how it ended at all.

Morgan  | 21 comments Maree wrote: "Well...sad to be the first one to comment after so long of reading, but maybe everyone had a difficult time getting a hold of it. I thought it was a pretty great book, really funny in that sarcast..."

My husband and I got rid of the internet at our home so it's been hard to get online, which was my reason for posting so late. : ) It was fairly hard to get ahold of because it's summer and so many kids are out of school. I'm glad you posted because I was really curious to find out what other people thought about this book.

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments I just finished this one in a day. It was really good with a lot of humorous moments. Definitely a book I enjoyed reading. I'm not sure it was really a love triangle, Sarah was really just a distraction is how I took it.

I had a copy sitting on my shelf, I just have been trying to concentrate on ebooks and manga this month. :)

Emily I just finished this last night and honestly I thought it was cute, but I didn't really like it. This may be because I hate superhero anything. I hate superhero movies, comic books whatever. I guess I thought it was going to be like Sky High for super villains which would have been awesome, but they never really went to the school they continued to talk about.

Lydia (loverofinformation) | 596 comments I also had to order this book through a series of actions with my library, but I just finished it.

I really liked the humor in the book. Of course I thought it would a particular ending so I was pleasantly surprised at the ending. I liked the portrayal of all the characters (I really loved Helen) and thought the pace of the book and the writing was well done.

I am to the current portrayals of comic book characters. I guess it talkes me back to my yourth (remember I am much older than most). I am surprised to see what I knew as just comics not only coming to the screen, but to see this variation on the overall concept.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Rise of Renegade X (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chelsea M. Campbell (other topics)