Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Barnes & Noble Talk > New 1st Generation Nook Update

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinaedw) | 105 comments There was a new update this morning to the 1st Generation Nook. It went from 1.50 to 1.70. When I turned the wifi on to check for friday's free book offering, the Nook went automatically into Update Mode and started updating. Not sure what was changed. Anyone know?

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinaedw) | 105 comments Barnes & Noble website explanation of the update for the 1st Edition Nook: NOOK ver1.7 includes a minor system update.

message 3: by Chara (new)

Chara (charalee) Its not anything that you'll notice, its just a system update.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 81 comments I was wondering the same thing. I kept looking to see what was changed but didn't see anything different. Maybe it will stop my Nook from freezing up when on low battery.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments I have a first edition nook and the latest update went through. Now in my B & N library the books that I could lend before went away. I can only lend a few from my nook but I can go to bn.com and lend all of them from my library there. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any solutions?.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments I tried to talk to customer service at B & N about the previous problem listed with the lend me books and they could not tell me anything or fix anything.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I have a first edition nook that updated to 1.7 today, and my lend-me indicators are still there. Have you tried making sure wi-fi is enabled and then using the "check for new B&N content" button and see if it brings it back, since they show on the computer? Just an idea.

message 8: by Storm (new)

Storm (stormgerlock) Do you know how to get the update if your nook didn't automatically download it?

message 9: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Would anyone mind telling me how I would find out if I have a 1st generation of not? Please!

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments The 2nd generation is the New Touch Screen Eink Reader. The 1st generation is the White Nook with the bottom only as touch screen.

message 11: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice That's what I have. But my version is only the 1.5 one. And I've never gotten a prompt to download a newer version. I guess I'll have to call them. :(

message 12: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Mmmm...did you try what Barbara said earlier? It helps to make sure your Wi-fi is on and the only time mine ever downloaded a new update was if I hit the "Check for new B&N Content" button

message 13: by Shola (new)

Shola (sholafavor) | 18 comments @karendenice my nook took while to update also,just keep trying every now and then and be sure that your wifi is on with a strong strenght. I was anxious at first even went into the store but got no help.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments Thanks Barbara. I tried and they are still not coming back.