Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > Smashwords Summer Sale

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (last edited Jul 03, 2011 09:20AM) (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Hey all:

Just to let you know Smashwords has a great Summer Sale on from 1-31 July - a lot of books reduced or free.

Authors, suggest you enroll your book in it as it's usually good for higher sales (certainly for freebies, anyhow). Reviewers, check out your wishlists as there may be books you want going for peanuts!

And now the spam!
On Dark Shores The Lady by J.A. Clement
On Dark Shores is of course part of the promotion and you can get it FREEEE! (Yep free) by using SSWSF at the checkout which is located here:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

...and as always, all reviews are VERY much appreciated! Hope at least some of the above is of use to you - now take off that wetsuit, put down that cheese and go buy my book!*
heheheh...

JAC
(*last line not serious, for those of you who don't hang out in The Attic)

(I don't really think you wear wetsuits)

message 2: by L.A. (new)

L.A. (TicToc) | 25 comments Thanks for the Reminder J.A.
This does look like a great summertime fun, and many authors have made their books available to you at discount.
I have also listed Splintered: Sierra's Legacy as 50% off, stop by and see what else is available.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Splintered is a YA Fantasy

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hi Leslie! Thank you for the update! I have just begun reading Splintered: Sierra's Legacy! I should have the review ready to go by the beginning of next week! Thank you so much for your patience, i realize it has taken me a bit. I do try and be quick....but I have been crazed lately with everything going on!!
Anyway, it will be ready to go soon! Great to see you around!

message 4: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks JA for the tip!

message 5: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Always great to see (for us readers anyway) when books go on sale!! :)

message 6: by Lena (last edited Jul 01, 2011 10:16AM) (new)

Lena | 191 comments !Thanks! I'm uploading mine again after I found a typo, but afterwards, I"ll make sure to do this too!

message 7: by Lena (new)

Lena | 191 comments Done! Here's my book The Superiors, where you can get it half off!

The Superiors by Lena Hillbrand

message 8: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Looking Fab Lena!!

message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Amy wrote: "Always great to see (for us readers anyway) when books go on sale!! :)"

Or not so much when you already have about a million to read and cannot resist the temptation to buy more! ;-)

message 10: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments OK, so how would this affect my pricing elsewhere if, as an author, I join in the promotion?

I think Amazon and B&N have clauses about books not being offered for a lower price elsewhere.

Anyone know?

Splitter

message 11: by C.D. (last edited Jul 01, 2011 02:31PM) (new)

C.D. Hussey (cdhussey) | 23 comments I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure Amazon and B&N will catch the lower price at Smashwords and match it.

For my spam...I just put my book on sale at Amazon and Smashwords for $0.99. B&N will follow shortly once the file uploads. : )

La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust

message 12: by Lena (new)

Lena | 191 comments CD--I've been meaning to read your book for months! SOrry it's taking me so long. I have about 6 books to review and I'm a super slow reader. But I will get to it soon, I promise!

message 13: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Awesome!!! Your book is coming up near the top of my review pile!!!! So excited!!!

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments CS, it doesn't affect your book on other places at all because the price isn't lowered - it's just that there are books enrolled in an offer you can use vouchers on. Your price doesn't change - readers pay only a proportion of it, is all.
JAC

message 15: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Ah, nadgers to it.

See edited OP - use code SSWSF to get On Dark Shores The Lady by J.A. Clement for free!

JAC

message 16: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Cambria wrote: "Awesome!!! Your book is coming up near the top of my review pile!!!! So excited!!!"

Very good. I'll go do it.

Hey, it's not like Amazon can send hit men after me for doing it anyway :).

Splitter

message 17: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments OK, we'll see how this goes. I put The Reluctant on the Smashwords Summer/Winter program at 50% off. More exposure can't hurt!

Splitter

message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments This stuff will be the death of me - just what I needed - a couple dozen more books on the pile!!! LOL

Thanks for the tip!

message 19: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments good luck Splitter!

message 20: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Thanks Cambria....Smashwords needs a better search function!

Splitter

message 21: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yeah, i have thought that about Smashwords too.

@Christina-I am getting there girl! I'll let you know when I get into your book!

message 22: by L.A. (new)

L.A. (TicToc) | 25 comments Cambria wrote: "Hi Leslie! Thank you for the update! I have just begun reading Splintered: Sierra's Legacy! I should have the review ready to go by the beginning of next week! Thank you so much for your patience, ..."

Thanks Cambria, I know how busy reading and reviewing can get. Have a wonderful 4th.

message 23: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Actually, "Splintered: Sierra's Legacy" is coming up for me soon, too - I just have one book ahead of it (once I finish my editing, etc. projects). One of the guys for whom I just edited a book was just telling me he was trying to take advantage of me as much as he can now, before I become heavily in demand ... LOL With as many of us who do that, I highly doubt I'll have authors knocking down my door, but it's nice to know the people whom I've helped are happy with my work.

I'm taking a nap now - and doing my best to stay AWAY from this sale, 'cause I've downloaded a couple dozen books already from it!! >,<

message 24: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Leslie wrote: "Cambria wrote: "Hi Leslie! Thank you for the update! I have just begun reading Splintered: Sierra's Legacy! I should have the review ready to go by the beginning of next week! Thank you so much for..."

You too and thanks for understanding.... :)

message 25: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Search smashwords & title or genre in Google! Easier!
JAC

message 26: by Penelope (new)

Penelope Marzec (penelopemarzec) | 12 comments Prince of the Mist Is now enrolled in the Smashwords summer sale at 50% off.

message 27: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks JA for the tip! and Great news Penelope!

message 28: by Mark (new)

Mark (wordzero) | 14 comments I've also added my books to the Smashwords sale. I opted for 75% off my novel, Citizen Zero, and the same off my fiction anthology, Isolation Space. If anyone likes poetry, I'm giving that away for free: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 29: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks Mark!

message 30: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments BTW, anyone interested in getting On Dark shores On Dark Shores The Lady by J.A. Clement
from the Smashwords sale, it's free at the moment but my Amazon sales have died this week so I'm going to have to put it back up to half price at the weekend.

I'm telling you lot now in case any of you want to get in there while it's free! Probably will do it Friday evening (UK time) or if not, Saturday so you've got a day's grace if you want it.

Mates' rates and all that....
;o)

JAC

message 31: by C.D. (new)

C.D. Hussey (cdhussey) | 23 comments Lena wrote: "CD--I've been meaning to read your book for months! SOrry it's taking me so long. I have about 6 books to review and I'm a super slow reader. But I will get to it soon, I promise!"

No worries, Lena! People have told me it reads quick, so hopefully it will for you too.

message 32: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Again, JA I love that cover. Does the artist charge a lot for her covers?
We have a new folder her with a thread for cover atrists. you should put her info in it because she really is talented. I looked at her site and her stuff is beautiful.

message 33: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Hi Cambria -

Fena is exceptionally reasonable with her charges - I was going to go add her to it but she's a student rather than a professional so I wasn't sure I should. Let me know when you want your cover done, though, and I'll put you in touch with her if you want?

(Though not till she's done mine for book 2, obv!)
heheheh
JAC

message 34: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments BTW, can I just say RAH?!

Check this out!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/categ...

At the time of posting, On Dark Shores: The Lady was #7 on Smashwords' Bestsellers in Epic Fantasy list!

....obv, if anyone cares to RT that on Twitter or FB I will love you for ever (or at least feel grateful for upwards of ten minutes).
Thanks all:
JAC

message 35: by Arshad (new)

Arshad Ahsanuddin (pactarcanum) I checked with KDP customer service and they did say that it was the list price that couldn't be lower at any other site, so the strategy of using discount coupons should be allowable, if you're willing to take the risk.

I put my first book Sunset up for a 100% discount, in hopes of picking up some more reviews. So far, in three days, I've given away about 60 copies and popped up to #3 in Contemporary Fantasy.

Hey, it's only for a month, and my other books and the print editions are still selling in the meantime.

Arshad

message 36: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Arshad wrote: "I checked with KDP customer service and they did say that it was the list price that couldn't be lower at any other site, so the strategy of using discount coupons should be allowable, if you're wi..."

Oh, yeah - I picked up all of those. I have a lot of books ahead of you, but I'm really excited to read them - they look awesome!

message 37: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Awwww and I thought I was doing well!
heheheh
Nice one, Arshad! Mine has sneaked up to #5 in Epic Fantasy but 4,3&2 are AA Attanasio who was trad-pubbed and has been around for ages so guessing that's as far as it can go at the moment....quite chuffed to be on a Top Ten Bestsellers list though!
JAC

message 38: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Congrats to both you, JA and Arshad! WOO HOO!! That is really amazing!

message 39: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Well that is just AWESOME!!! YAY! Congrats to JA and Arshad you are writing rock stars!