Magic Realism discussion

Bibliography....

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James (eisigeyes) | 16 comments Hey there, just wanted to say I'm going to merge the Magical Realism group with Magic Realism (well, at least invite members to join). I'm a bit of a lazy moderator and it seems like you're doing an awesome job here, so I'd love to take part in a more active setting. I've been working on a rather large bibliography that contains works of suspected magical realist influence. I'll be adding books to my profile as I figure the bibliography out more, but if anyone is interested in it, just let me know :) Would love to get some shared input.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments Mod
Add away, James! I look forward to your recommendations.

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 2 comments I would love more suggestions, too!

message 4: by James (new)

James (eisigeyes) | 16 comments Since I am not reading at a lightning pace, I would also be happy to upload my list for anyone interested. Or if you would like it, feel free to e-mail me at nokesjam@gmail.com. That way we all could add to it. Not everything on the list is 100% magical realism, as I have not narrowed it down, but where I have found major authors of such influence, I have included all of their works with a chronology. This is a work in progress I intend to use for later scholarly studies, so any additions are always welcome. :)

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) Wow, this is an old thread:) Is anyone still out there?

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Brooks (potok) | 115 comments I'm here Heidi. I've got a reading list for my magic realism challenge if you're interested.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) Zoe, you can see I have been lame in keeping up:( shame on me! Yes, I would be very interested in your MR list

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Brooks (potok) | 115 comments hello Heidi

How do you want the list? I can put it up here, but if you prefer a word document I could email it to you. Just message me with your email address. The list is long and getting longer.