Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > LizH's June

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Reading time is still pretty non-existent for me, happy I did get these 5 read! Hopefully after my boards in August I can resume my normal reading habits. Really looking forward to John Hart's new release in July. Can't wait!!

35. A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon 6-12-11
36. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan 6-21-11
37. Love Drunk Cowboy by Carolyn Brown 6-25-11
38. In Zanesville by JoAnn Beard 6-29-11
39. Smoking Seventeen by janet Evanovich 6-30-11

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Ah.., a Gabaldon! I wish I had more in that series to read.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments I read SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN in June, too. Not quite as good as some of the others!

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Melodie, funny, I though SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN was much better than her last 2 or 3! Maybe I was just more in the mood for this! Marcy...I have one more in the series to go...trying to wait until the new one is announced to come out. Not sure I can make it!

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1273 comments LOL....Liz that just tells us who you prefer in the Morelli vs Ranger battle ;)

message 6: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Dawn, really? Whom, cause I am so undecided!!

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1273 comments I don't want to give any spoilers, but think she definitely spends more time with one in this book...thought maybe that's why you liked it. Wondering if the movie will come close to catching the whole vibe of these characters and their relationships. I really enjoyed Morelli's grandmother...I think think I see a battle between the grandmothers in a future book.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Good month Liz! Hope your boards go well and your reading time increases! LOL now I know I need to go find Smokin' Seventeen! A Breath of Snow and Ashes was my first Gabaldon, and I am determined to finish another someday!

message 9: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I just got hooked on Roxanne St. Claire, but I have Andy Carpenter and Noah Boyd waiting for me, as well as a few "book club" reads! Never enough hours in the day to read...(and study!) Lol!!

message 10: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments LizH wrote: "I just got hooked on Roxanne St. Claire, but I have Andy Carpenter and Noah Boyd waiting for me, as well as a few "book club" reads! Never enough hours in the day to read...(and study!) Lol!!

If you cheat you won't have to stuidy as much and can read more. Just a thought.

message 11: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Ha ha Dan, if I could cheat i wouldn't have to study at all! Why didn't think of that???

message 12: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments Honesty becomes you, Liz.

message 13: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7914 comments This from the person who never misses an opportunity to point out my library transgressions...

Daniel wrote: "If you cheat you won't have to stuidy as much and can read more. Just a thought. ..."

message 14: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments Aha, an admission of guilt! That's the first step to recovery, Carol. Step two is dressing in sackcloth and chaining yourself to the library door with all your overdue books stacked around you.

message 15: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jul 06, 2011 07:07PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7914 comments You're right, I should have said "alleged" library transgressions. You law enforcement types are tricky.
Hate to ruin your sackcloth-and-chains fantasy, but none will be forthcoming, as I have no books overdue

Daniel wrote: "Aha, an admission of guilt! That's the first step to recovery, Carol. Step two is dressing in sackcloth and chaining yourself to the library door with all your overdue books stacked around you."

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments speaking of library transgressions.. DH dropped off four books for me in the library book drop on Monday and only two of them have been checked in, I am nervous about what may have happened with them!

message 17: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Ann wrote: "speaking of library transgressions.. DH dropped off four books for me in the library book drop on Monday and only two of them have been checked in, I am nervous about what may have happened with them!"

lol, ann. my husband "returned" books to the library for me one time and about 2 weeks later my library called me to find out where they were. i told them i was sure that he had returned them. well, he took them out of the house and put them in his car and that's as far as they went..lol

message 18: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Sherry: I understand that! I may have to scope out his car!
Sherry wrote: " i was sure that he had returned them. well, he took them out of the house and put them in his car and that's as far as they went..lol "

message 19: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Dawn wrote: "I don't want to give any spoilers, but think she definitely spends more time with one in this book...thought maybe that's why you liked it. Wondering if the movie will come close to catching the w..."

I just read in the weekend Parade magazine that Debbie Reynolds will play Grandma Mazur.

message 20: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7914 comments That's the ticket!! I can blame my library transgressions on Sherry's and Ann's DH's, LOL!

You don't mind if I borrow your husbands, do you?

;-)

Sherry wrote: "lol, ann. my husband "returned" books to the library for me one time and about 2 weeks later my library called me to find out where they were. i told them i was sure that he had returned them. well, he took them out of the house and put them in his car and that's as far as they went..lol
..."

message 21: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "That's the ticket!! I can blame my library transgressions on Sherry's and Ann's DH's, LOL!

You don't mind if I borrow your husbands, do you?

;-)
"

no problem, i'm happy to share alfie for a good cause.

message 22: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Carol: Sure, no problem! DH loves to run errands (seriously) though not so much in the heat. ;)
Luckily he was innocent this time, the scanner at the library was faulty and didn't properly check them in.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "That's the ticket!! I can blame my library transgressions on Sherry's and Ann's DH's, LOL!
You don't mind if I borrow your husbands, do you? ;-)
" ..."