Browncoats discussion

Fun Stuff > The Browncoats across the world

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Okay, I know there's a few. And there's the CSTS events being held every year all across the world.

I've recently started a Browncoats chapter in UAE (we have a website and a twitter account), with plans to have meetings, Role Play (using the Cortex system series of RPG books), and a host of other things. Fingers crossed we can hold a CSTS event next year (as we were late for this year's).

Those of you who do run Browncoat chapters in different cities/countries, what do you typically do? Any good sites, resources you can suggest we link to? Any generic help? I'd appreciate it as I'd like to make it work here in UAE.

~A

message 2: by C.G. (new)

C.G. (samatwitch) | 29 comments Our local (Vancouver, BC) Browncoat group uses Meetup to schedule shindigs, etc. There is a monthly fee so you may want to go with something like a Yahoo! group, especially if you're going to be having more online conversations that actual meetings.

If you want to have a CSTS event next year - even an affiliate one - the best resources is the forum at http://cantstoptheserenity.com. If you want a mentor, one can be arranged. As the CSTS organiser for Vancouver for the past six (as of last weekend) years, I've also mentored a couple of other organisers and would be willing to do that officially or unofficially if you need help.

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Yeah I checked out Meetup, would love to use that, but the monthly fee is a bit of a turn off at the moment. (I'd hate to ask folks for money just to come to meetings, just so we can use Meetup.)

I don't like Yahoo!Groups. website currently runs on WordPress, but I'm considering changing to something else. (not too sure what, perhaps Weebly), and I got a vB license so we can use that for the forum software. Would love to get a Browncoat look for the site/forums, but i'm not a graphics designer myself so can't really whip up logos and designs an stuff.

Re CSTS, that'd be lovely. Thanks. :) I'm signed up on the forums (as UAEBrowncoats) but have yet to post there. >.<

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Happy Unification Day!

That's right it is officially Unification Day in the 'Verse. So I hope you have a "happy" Unification Day.
We should all remember what it cost to "unified" under the totalitarian rule of the Alliance.

Remember Serenity Valley!