Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

25 views
Monthly "Reads" > sherry's june reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments Smokin' Seventeen- evanovich
Fallen-slaughter
Harbor Lights- sherryl woods
Agent X- noah boyd
Iron House- john hart

overall a good month. some good m/t's and a little bit of fluff. thanks to barry for introducing me to noah boyd. really enjoyed agent x. i won a copy of iron house from good reads-a little dark in parts for me, but a good read none the less.


message 2: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Can't wait to read Iron House, I love his writing!


message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I have Boyd's Bricklayer near the top of my list. Now I just need more time to read.


message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments Marcy... loved Bricklayer...enjoy!
Sherry - I'm reading Fallen right now. I'm loving it so much!!


message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN was good for some laughs, as always, but not as good as some others.


message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments Melodie wrote: "SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN was good for some laughs, as always, but not as good as some others."

i agree, melodie. her books are predictable- i knew "who done it" as soon as that person entered the picture, but she's perfect summer reading!


message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14300 comments Sherry: I thank Barry for introducing us to Noah Boyd too! You read four books I am very interested in reading! good month!
Sherry wrote: "overall a good month. some good m/t's and a little bit of fluff. thanks to barry for introducing me to noah boyd. really enjoyed agent x"


message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2965 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry: I thank Barry for introducing us to Noah Boyd too! You read four books I am very interested in reading! good month!
Sherry wrote: "overall a good month. some good m/t's and a little bit o..."

I have to give credit where it is due. Dan posted the review that sent me to the books.


message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments Barry wrote: "Ann wrote: "Sherry: I thank Barry for introducing us to Noah Boyd too! You read four books I am very interested in reading! good month!
Sherry wrote: "overall a good month. some good m/t's and a ..."


well thanks to dan, then, too!


message 10: by Ann (last edited Jul 03, 2011 01:08PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14300 comments ditto - thanks Dan!! you steered us well! (to Noah Boyd) ;)
good thing we don't have to remember all of the recommendations by person, just the books or authors they recommend.. I would be in big trouble! :)


message 11: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Barry is such an honest guy; brings a tear to my eye. Of course, so do onions, sharp objects and Carol.


message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7809 comments On the outside he's a rough and tough washboard-abs guy, on the inside he's a marshmallow...


Daniel wrote: "Barry is such an honest guy; brings a tear to my eye. Of course, so do onions, sharp objects and Carol."


message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "On the outside he's a rough and tough washboard-abs guy, on the inside he's a marshmallow...


Daniel wrote: "Barry is such an honest guy; brings a tear to my eye. Of course, so do onions, sharp o..."


hey- maybe barry could be reacher in the movie- who needs tom cruise?


message 14: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7809 comments Sherry wrote: "
hey- maybe barry could be reacher in the movie- who needs tom cruise? "


I was referring to Dan, actually, but you may have something there. I demand an ab-off to determine who is the most worthy of being Reacher....


message 15: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments I concede to Barry. He rides a motorcycle; I only ride a mountain bike.


message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments Daniel wrote: "I concede to Barry. He rides a motorcycle; I only ride a mountain bike."

can we say stunt double?


message 17: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2965 comments I have more in common with Harry Bosch- slightly off.


back to top