Paranormal Lovers discussion

Previous BotM's > The Summoning - July's YA read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) What did you think of The Summoning?
Who is your favourite character and Why?
What did you think of the storyline?
What did you think of the writing style?

message 2: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I enjoyed it a lot, and Derek was definitely my favourite character. He's moody, yet caring, and subtley wolfie (if you're looking for it), with a hint of something dark and dangerous lurking beneath the exterior ... yep, he was definitely the deepest character to unravel for me, so I found my mind following him around a lot.
The storyline was pretty good--I didn't find myself disappointed at the end, and I'd already read Kelley Armstrong's adult series, so I slipped right into her writing style, because although it was YA, her writing barely altered other than to omit the level of sexual content you find in her adult books. :)

message 3: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
I'm just on the 3rd book and I can't wait to see how it ends :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) 3rd one is my favourite

message 5: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

It is the last right?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yes it is. there's a spin off series with other characters and i heard the characters from that one r gonna come into it eventually. haven't read it yet tho

message 7: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

The gathering?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea :)

message 9: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I believe the characters from the two YA series merge into one book because I received her newsletter today saying something to that effect :)

message 10: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Aw I got that one :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea i've heard different things i heard that they were gonna come into the second book of that trilogy then i heard there will be 3 books about the new characters and then they come together for another trilogy or something
who knows lol

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I think they come together in the 3rd book of the other trilogy.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea probably. i reli need to read the gathering.

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Me, too. :)

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments For me i didnt Love this book, it was a little umm dull for me. I am guessing that is maybe due to all the other books i read. For YA it was ok, i would recconmend it to my sisters who are early teens.
I did think that the two boys kind of stole the show, they are the characters i will most likely buy the next book for.

message 16: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments I just finished this book...I definitely wasn't expecting it to end when it did so I was a little bummed, but hey...that means I get to buy the next one now right? :) Derek definitely was my favorite character though. It seems to me that he might just like him a little bit of Chloe?? :)

message 17: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Nicely put D lol :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i love derek. If you love him in the first wait till you get to the third

message 19: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Well....I'm about to start the third today! lol Can't wait! :)

message 20: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I'm in the middle of the third now :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) the third is my favourite

message 22: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Menard (dcmenard) | 6 comments I love them all so much. In fact, I've read them all about 3 times...and I'd read them again, except I have so many other books that I need to read, I just don't have time. Derek is definitely my favorite character. He was right from the beginning when he was being a complete jerk. It really didn't matter what he did, I loved him. Then again, I also guessed what he was, which probably has a lot to do with having read all of Kelley Armstrong's books. Armstrong is, by far, my favorite author. I would read pretty much anything she wrote.