Paranormal Lovers discussion

Previous BotM's > Darkfever - July's Adult read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Jul 01, 2011 02:00AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) What did you think of Fever?
Who is your favourite character and Why?
What did you think of the storyline?
What did you think of the writing style?

message 2: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Menard (dcmenard) | 6 comments I tried to read this one a while ago, but I honestly just didn't like it. I couldn't get into the story, I hated the twists that were added. I never ended up finishing it, which is unusual for me. The writing style was pretty good. The author is a good writer, but the story itself I didn't like.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i really like it.
The only thing i don't get is how anyone can love Barrons i have 40 pages left but i still think he's just an ass and someone needs to hit him or something. Dnt get me wrong I like him, he's the bad boy and i have a weakness for bad boys in books so i do like him but he hasn't shows any good sign apart from protecting her and i cnt reli love him.

Love Mac she's just awesome

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments Well, I love Barrons :p if you don't want him that's okay :p you can have Four and I'll take Barrons :D

Deal?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) okay i did end up really liking him by the end of it. i dnt love him but i do reli like him. i think i might love him after reading the others

message 6: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 01, 2011 03:36PM) (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments I just read it yesterday (as it was already the 1st of july)and i am so glad i did. For me i found the first 50 pages a little dragging but then things really started to pick up. For a frist book the storyline leaves a lot open for upcoming books. I thought the ending was good ie nails lol.
I think Mac really stole the show but you have to wonder what Barrons really is. I was thinking about that from after she lives with him. I am so glad i brought the first four books cus now i dont have to wait to long to find out.
This is going to be one interesting Fae series, i am so in-love with good fae stories something about them is just so damn sexy :).

message 7: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Jul 02, 2011 01:22AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i wanna know what barrons is
(view spoiler)
i'm not a fan of V'laine, and i do like barrons but most way thru the book i just thought he was an ass.
I'm dying not to be reading bloodfever right now but i'm behind on reviews for my blog so no reading until i've caught up.

loved this book

*TheWrittenWord*Mo (thewrittenwordmo) | 100 comments V'Laine is an a**hole. He's disgusting!!

But Mac and Barrons are a good match. (view spoiler)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i loved that part too. I don't love Barrons but i liked him by the end. I'm starting book 2 today

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments Oh kay! You should be reading those other books for your blog :p bad girl lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i know i SHOULD but fever has took over haha

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) loved the second one more than the first

*TheWrittenWord*Mo (thewrittenwordmo) | 100 comments lol

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments Yaaay! I'm really happy youre loving it Kay ;) One more girl to share Barrons with XD

His name is already pure hotness

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i know specially with the beginning og book 4 *wink wink*

message 16: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Gargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't I get a copy of this in paperback from anywhere?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? I really wanted to read this and can't flippin' find it to buy anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions where I can buy this in PB, folks, please?

Cheers

message 17: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Kay said they were just about to get re-released?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea according to the book depository, amazon and waterstones.com they have took the paperbacks off the shelves because they r starting to re-release them starting in september.

message 19: by Carole-Ann (last edited Jul 06, 2011 07:31AM) (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) J.A. wrote: ........I really wanted to read this and can't flippin' find it to buy anywhere!!!!!!!!..."

If you try www.abebooks.co.uk, you'll find a number of UK booksellers who have pb copies.....:).....but they only sell through Abebooks.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea they might have the mass market paperbacks on abebooks.

message 21: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Carole-Ann wrote: "J.A. wrote: ........I really wanted to read this and can't flippin' find it to buy anywhere!!!!!!!!..."

If you try www.abebooks.co.uk, you'll find a number of UK booksellers who have pb copies....."

I went and hunted through. I had to work my way through the different versions and enter their ISNB's before I found any, and I finally found a copy. Yeah. The irony of it was, I TRIED The Book Depository and it said they hadn't got any ... then I order on abebooks and the seller is ... The Book depository with delivery 3-5 days (weird, eh?). Wheeeeeeee!
Thanks, Carole-Ann :):):)

Now ... to find a place that sells the 1st in the BBD and will dispatch faster than the totally obscure 14th July-8th August that Amazon told me.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) huh?
that's weird.

J.A if you want i have books 2, 3, 4 and 5 on pdf. If u like i can email you the others :)

message 23: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) OCD Kay =P wrote: "huh?
that's weird.

J.A if you want i have books 2, 3, 4 and 5 on pdf. If u like i can email you the others :)"

Oh-ho-ho-ho-hooooooo. You are awesome! I shall PM you. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! You're all pushing my mood higher today, ladies. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) :D
it's no problem. I had the first on paperback but had to send it to cass and didn't have the others and the ending of book 1 made me go. NOOOOOOOOO i need the others so a friend emailed me the pdfs. I love them so much I'm gonna buy the paperbacks when they r getting re-released and i'll probably re-read them as i get them too, It's like my new favourite series :)

message 25: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Am just about to purchase the first now, so I should be all set for the summer holidays when my kids are home from school and driving me nuts now. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) hahaha

I"m loving my holidays, I'm at university so we get an extra long summer but in 2 weeks time i have to go do jury service :(

message 27: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I've (thankfully) never been called for jury service. Kids break up on 22nd, back in September. I love getting to couch around as the mood takes me. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I've been off for a cpl of weeks I was supposed to go in March but i'd been in the middle of exam prep so have to go on the 18th instead

message 29: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments I have been reading this book for a few days now and I really like it so far. It's the first book about Fae that I have read. I agree that I think Barrons is a jerk so far (I think he'll come around though) ;) ....and also, I do think he might be something other than just a sidhe-seer :\ I guess I'll have to keep reading to find out :) ....LOVE Mac though she's awesome.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i LOVE barrons now. I'm about to start the last book which i can't wait to read because book 4 cliffhanger was just awful but then it's the last one and i dnt want it to end lol

message 31: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Ok..so by the end of the book Barrons started growing on me a little bit more....so he's not a complete jackass lol.....and Mac is def a badass!! I really enjoyed the book! I bought the second one and will be starting it soon...although, I was thinking of waiting to see if it was the BOM for August, but I don't know if I will :\

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i couldn't wait denae, i just had to keep reading. I was the same i didn't like barrons but by the end i liked him a little. By the end of book 2 i loved him lol

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments my sister didn't like Barrons. Never forgave her for that :p I mean.. BARRONS!

I reeeally loved him in book 4 Kay XD lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) :O
what?
how the hell can you not love Barrons????????????
I didn't in book 1 but as soon as i got halfway tru book 2 i loved him.

So did I but I think i may have fell in love with him more in book 5
(view spoiler)

message 35: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Ok so...I finished book two and started book three...Barrons is growing on me! :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) you will love him denae

message 37: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments OMG I just finished book 4 last night....and let me just say....what the feck?!?! ....now on to book 5 :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) ikr?????
i was so sad at the end of book 4

message 39: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments OMG! I was too :( .....but I absolutely LOVED book 5! It made me happy lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) have u finished it??????

if yes
(view spoiler)

message 41: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments how did you do the view spoiler link?? :\

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) just click on it :)

message 43: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments I did lol....how do you make one though? or is that how you make one??

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) oh sorry lol
this is a bit late lol

type this but take the dots out

<.spoiler> ur msg

message 45: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments (view spoiler)

message 46: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Ahha! I did it lol....

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lol i know i was so happy.

(view spoiler)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lol i know
you need to take the spaces out of the spoilers ;)

message 49: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Me too!! :)

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments lol it was frustrating me

« previous 1 3