Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Fallen
Previous BOMs - Authors; I - L > Kate, Lauren - Fallen - July 2011 BOM for Paranormal/Urban Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
This topic is open for discussion of Fallen by Lauren Kate. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

Description on Goodreads:
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Format: Hardcover
Pages: 452 Pages
First in Series
Published December 8th 2009 by Delacorte Press

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) I started reading this a few months ago and couldn't get into it but I'm looking forward to trying again! I think the covers are so beautiful!

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I've owned the book for a year and have been meaning to read it. I am determined to read it this month.

Sashana I didn't like it too much. I have Torment so I might read that one.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I read Fallen last year. Here is the review I wrote. I am thinking of doing a reread of Fallen and Torment since Passion was just released.

Fallen gets three stars from me. The ending saved it from getting two stars. The ending really picked up, but the beginning dragged SO much. The beginning really put a damper on the end. I was so mad that I had to read all of that, for a lack of a better word, "fluff" that the ending was hard to enjoy. I also think that the book could have used a little more vivid description and language. It was a little flat in both of those areas. The book idea is great and don't blast me for this, but perhaps the idea would have been better coming from the fingertips of another writer?? I am eager to see what happens in Torment though. Sequels can be good and sometimes bad. I am hoping for the good!

Erin Rachel wrote: "I read Fallen last year. Here is the review I wrote. I am thinking of doing a reread of Fallen and Torment since Passion was just released.

Fallen gets three stars from me. The ending saved it fro..."

Rachel,
I agree completely with your review! The whole time I was reading I was thinking that I would give this book 2 stars because I wasn't very intrigued with the story line. However in the last few chapters I changed my rating to 3 stars because the author finally discussed the true story behind Lucinda and Daniel. I will also probably pick up Torment just to see if the author ties up some of the loose ends that she left in Fallen.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Torment is better than Fallen, in my opinion. I am really curious to see how Passion turned out. Just haven't had the time to get to it.

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I just finished reading it and loved it. I like the darkness of it - no idea why. I like the mystery (although because of the title we can kind of guess) of it. I also like the writing style. I did hate that Penn died. She was the only one that was a true friend to Luce.

So what was your favorite character?

What did you guys think of Cam? What would have happened if she'd decided to stay with Cam? Would the cycle have been broken?

I'm still confused by the first boyfriend burning up and the subsequent friends getting injured. Makes me wonder what is going on?

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Tried twice to listen to the audio on this and couldn't get into it. **sigh** Maybe it was my mood. I really needed the name Annabelle for a challenge too! LOL!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fallen (other topics)
Torment (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lauren Kate (other topics)