Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Friday Questions > Question #62: Much Anticipated

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
If you heard that _________ (insert author's name here) was releasing a new book, you'd pre-order it even if the media release said "watching paint dry" was a major theme.

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 394 comments Stephen King - always have and always will!

message 3: by Marion (new)

Marion Husband Margaret Atwood - also Sara Waters and Pat Barker

message 4: by Donna (last edited Jul 01, 2011 12:53PM) (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Alice Hoffman, Meljean Brook, Gail Carriger, Nora Roberts.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

James Patterson

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 394 comments sarah waters too

message 7: by Fran (new)

Fran Wilkins Philip Roth

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane | 99 comments Jodie Picoult, Harlen Coben

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Sharon Kay Penman

message 10: by Caity (new)

Caity (caity_johnson) I can't wait for the new book by Jeffrey Eugenides. I also haven't gotten around to picking up the new Ann Patchett, but I love her style of writing, so I will always read her new books. And as a guilty pleasure, if J.K. Rowling were to ever write a follow up book to the Harry Potter series I would wait in line for days to buy it, regardless of pre-release reviews.

message 11: by Donna (last edited Jul 07, 2011 01:07PM) (new)

Donna | 1350 comments And let's admit it: after six years and how many reschedulings the release of "A Dance of Dragons" has to have people chomping at the bit. And I don't mean you Johnny-come-latelys who caught the fever after the HBO series started.

message 12: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Hall Harlan Coben!!

message 13: by Brook (new)

Brook (BruCrew) | 64 comments Harper Lee. :)

message 14: by Ivy Sarah (new)

Ivy Sarah Moe (ivysarahmoe) J.K. Rowling, NOT as a guilty pleasure, she is my favorite author and I will never be ashamed of that. Also Melissa Anelli and John Green, probably Charlaine Harris as well.

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulay) | 200 comments Geraldine Brooks!

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 233 comments Faye wrote: "If you heard that _________ (insert author's name here) was releasing a new book, you'd pre-order it even if the media release said "watching paint dry" was a major theme."

David McCollough

Cynthia ☮ ❤ ❀  | 4 comments Faye wrote: "If you heard that _________ (insert author's name here) was releasing a new book, you'd pre-order it even if the media release said "watching paint dry" was a major theme."

Jeffrey Eugenides...for his new book that is to be releaaed in October 2011 I'd even be willing to experience a "Harry Potter like" release party at my local bookstore.

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 394 comments Lorna Landvik - not enough books!

message 19: by Glenda (new)

Glenda (glenda-r) I have 3. Stephen King, Dennis LeHane and Sue Grafton.

message 20: by Kimathy (last edited Jul 13, 2011 10:59PM) (new)

Kimathy John Green or Jo Rowling.

message 21: by Barb (new)

Barb Jean Auel. Shelters of Stone was an agonizing repeat of the previous 5 books; it could have been half the size if she simply expected everyone to read the others first. But, I HAD to read Land of the Painted Caves and enjoyed it very much. Little repetition and it made me very reflective.

I started these books when I was in Junior High and while I've always know that Ayla has been an influence on shaping my character, I never quite knew how much until I read this book and looked back. ;) 3 stars plus another for the selfawareness.