Avatar: The Last Airbender discussion

Earth Kingdom > Open Land

Comments Showing 1-50 of 604 (604 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Many small villages are here and Nomads roam free.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

((Anybody care to join me???))

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments ((I shall.:)))
Aiy ran from the ((palace?)) Earth palace and into the free area of the towns, breathing a sigh of relief as she looked behind her to make sure she wasn't being followed.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

((Oh, I thought I was the only one that saaid shall!!! IM NOT WEIRD, SEE!!!! YES!!! *Fist pump* I like you even more!!!))

Avin stood in front of her, stopped in her tracks. "Hmm...running from something, I see?" She picked up a rock she was about to kick, and examined it between her fingers.

message 5: by Susan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 10:58AM) (new)

Susan ((I changed the name of my Fire Bender. It is now Cydo (Pronounced Ki-doh) becuase I suck at names and this is a little better....))

Cydo had left the Borders of the Fire Nation long ago. He would not miss his father. His mother had left them just after he had reached an age in which he would remember her.
She was all he would have missed. She was worthy of the life she'd been given. She was strong, and he remembered her to be a brilliant bender.
His father didn't deserve her. Nor should Cydo be forced to live with him.
He'd only been 12 the day he left.

The open land of the Earth Kingdom stretched out before him, and at the edges of his sight, he could see the villages, dotting the landscape. Earth was a powerful element, and the benders were the masters of it. It was were he would settle, for now at least.

What he needed was an army. What he needed was a force of benders strong enough to control the useless non-benders as their slaves. And those too weak for even that would be exiled.

He brushed his black hair out of his eyes, and glanced down at his shirt, high enough to cover the red scar that ran across his chest.
Persuasion was easier when one didn't appear strong, when one didn't appear like one to persuade.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin looked to her, sort of desperately, and sighed. "Fine..."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments ((:) ))
Aiy felt herself gasp as her head whipped back forward, breathing labored slightly, and eyes wide.
"Uh...." she stammered, watching the girl worriedly.
"S-sort of...." she agreed reluctantly, afraid of what may happen if anyone found out.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

She placed a hand on her shoulder. "Well...do you mind tell me who or what this something or someone is?" She smiled slightly, and tossed her hair behind her shoulder.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy froze, mentally slapping herself, and shook her head.
"Yes, I quite do." she decided, nodding.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

She sighed. "I am of no threat...I hope you know...nothing but a stupid girl...and...I can keep secrets..." She tossed the rock up into the air, letting it fall behind her.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments She nodded, taking a deep breath.
"The palace gaurds....I..they're searching for me. I sort of ran away." she said, somewhat disgruntled.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

She bit her lip. "Easily solved, my chap....follow me..."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy smiled slightly, nodding.
"Alright...." she said quietly, following.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin laughed a little, and led her away, from the open. "That wasnt the smartest place to hide, friend..."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy turned her head to glance around her, eye catching on a man, black hair falling past his eyes, which she caught as she passed.
His eyes unnerved her, so she did what was natural to her suspicion: she lifted some dirt. She plunged a metaphoric hand into the soil beneath him, sending him jumping slightly, eyes breaking from her's. She only did it to keep him afraid, she swears. She nodded, confirming that it was she, and continued on her way.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Aavin witnessed it, and looked at her quizzically. "Smooth...just lovely..." She led her down a small alley.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy had the decency to look sheepish, following the girl calmly.
"It was necesary." she insisted, pulling on her shorts and fanning her face.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

She stopped and spun around. "Ha! Necesary would be killing his ass..."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments She winked.
"That's next. Not quite there yet." she agreed, smiling.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

She sighed, then smiled. "Just wait it out here...he looked fat...so he wont be able to get through the hole...and if he does...well..." She pushed earth up with her hands, making a collumn for her to lean on. "We'll be waiting..."

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan ((Wait, Cissi, were you talking about Cydo?))

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments ((Indeed. Sorry, I couldn't not...he unnerves her, and her personality made her do it. ;) It won't happen again if you don't want. ))
Aiy shook her head.
"No, he wasn't a gaurd. I just didn't like him." she explained, smiling.
"But the guards definitely won't fit. Fath-The King thinks that they need to be as bulky and hefty as he can get them to protect him." she said wryly, absently correcting her mistake before the word was finished.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

She nodded. "Figures...losers..."

message 24: by Susan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

Susan (( :( He's not fat...))

Cydo slitted his eyes when the dirt lifted beneath him, and when she immediately took responsibility of it, he felt his jaw tighten reflexively.
He lifted the air from his lungs and into the back of his throat, quickly blowing it from his lips and creating a stream of fire which he swept with his hand into control, and let lash out in their direction, slithering through the air until it snapped like a whip only yards from them.
When she looked up, he nodded, as she had done.

((Haha... Retaliation. *Points at Cydo* Baby *sticks out tongue*. XD))

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin sighed. "Sorry if I jacked everything up...I suck...at saving people...like this...and that guy looks...mad"

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments ((;) lol....you sound like a two year old, pouting. ;) ))
Aiy winked from her place behind the rock at him, knowing that he had seen, until she spotted a guard behind him, and she twitched her hand to bring a rock up directly behind him, smiling as the guards got suspicious.
She used the half-wall distraction to give him a short wink and dove back behind the alleyway as the gaurds approached from around the wall, two out of the five staying back to bring it down quickly before joining their comrades.
"They're out there." she whispered to Avin, leaning against the wall calmly.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Then...let's kick their asses and run for it..." She said, slightly pissed off

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy laughed, a hand flying over her mouth quickly.
"Before we do, I feel the need to introduce myself." she said, sticking her hand to the side for the other girl to shake.
"I'm Aiy." she said, grinning at her own name, because she knew she would be recognized as the princess for it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Avins eyes widened. "No! Oh my god, you gotta be shi-" She fell against the wall. "The princess?!?!?"

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy laughed some more, nodding.
"You didn't even suspect? Well...still. I'd love to beat their asses, if the offer still stands." she added honestly, turning to face the other girl with her hand extended.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah...sure..." She felt lightheaded all of a sudden. "Wow...alright...let's do this."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy grinned.
"Glad. Ready?" she asked, drawing her proferred hand back in and turning to peek around the wall.

message 33: by Susan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 02:57PM) (new)

Susan Cydo, looking over his shoulder at a loud splitting crack, saw Earth Kingdom guards approaching. He spotted the large rock lifted into the air as he turned, and watched as a few of the guards struggled to deal with it.
He stood his ground and watched them. They were benders. He had nothing against them.
But something about their urgency interested him.
"Guards," he guessed out loud, commanding, as if he were in power. "What is the problem?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin gulped and pulled rock up. "Ready."

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments The head of the gaurds, Theo ((I recycle. ;) )), stopped suddenly, giving a small salute.
"Searching for the Princess, sir. She...she ran from our guard about twenty minutes ago, and we tracked her to here." he explained slowly, looking sheepish, not meeting the man's eyes, but not entirely sure why he felt so under the control of the foreign man.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy grinned, nodding.
"On my count." she added, still peaking around the corner, watching as the man interacted with the guards.
"One....."
she said, watching Theo gulp incredulously, watching his adam's apple bob up and down twice, in rapid succession.
"Two...." she added, waiting for a moment.

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan Cydo slitted his eyes.
"She went this direction, and is an Earth Bender, as all five of you are" he said, his words sure, but secretly waiting to see if he we denied. "And she is young. 16 or 17 years old."
When nothing was said to immediately correct him, he continued as if he were aware of the full situation. "And you can't catch her?"

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Theo, nonplussed, struggled for a moment with his words before responding with a nod.
"Yes...I mean, that is her description. She is 17, yes. Straight, red hair with oddly space black pieces in it. Eyes of ice."
He hesitated before responding to the last question.
"No, sir. We are having...troubles in attaining her. She's a fast runner." he added the last on, though it sounded more a question than a statement.

message 39: by Susan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 04:45PM) (new)

Susan He nodded. This was easier than he thought it would be. So it was true that the girl he had seen across the long spance of grass was the princess.
He lifted a hand in her direction, addressing th guards.
"Off you go."

He watched them scurry off. He walked at a different direction, hoping to approach them from a different angle.
He knew they would end up fighting, and he wanted to scope her skills in the element.
Whether or not she was taken was not of his interest. If she couldn't fight such a weak minded group of men, she wasn't worth his time.
If she could however...
She was in the perfect position of power.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin looked to her. "Y-you're wanted, arent you? What happened...?" She sounded a little crazy even to herself. "T-they aren't going to kill you...or me, right?"

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments "Three." she said calmly as they approached the two, jogging to meet her.
"No, they're just mad cause I got away. I just don't like them. And they won't kill you, and can't kill me. I won't let them lay a finger on you." she assured before stepping out.
She grinned wickedly at Theo, and he winced visably.
"Miss me, boys? I'm so glad. I feel so loved." she said, the smile not dropping for even a second as she blew two of the bulky soldiers off of the ground, sending them scattering away, on the ground, already beat senseless and scattering back in the general direction of the castle. She laughed coldly as one nearly fell off into a ditch on his way.
She faced the three left, grinning.
"Are you guys ready? Or do you need a minute?" she asked politely, eyeing them in mock-worry.
____----
Theo's eyes darkened at the Princess, his boss's daughter.
"Aiyanlee...get back to your room right this instant!" he tried, mouth twitching in frustration as she laughed in his face.
He sighed as she flicked a finger in the other's direction, in a sort of "Trip" gesture, and he fell backwards as though she had physically pushed him.

message 42: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) ((invite all your friends to this group,plz!))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

She placed a hand to the wall, trying to steady herself. "This is not happening...this CANT POSSIBLY be happening to me!" She mumbled, and doubled over. A girl like you...caught with the princess...you are doomed! She thought.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments ((Kay. :) I invited Campbell already! ;)))
Aiy sighed as she realized that the girl would not be helping her, taking out the last extra guard, and approaching Theo menacingly.
"Look. You have two choices. Either scram, now, and you will not be harmed. I'll deal with my dad. Of course, you will be punished, but that's nothing compared to your second option, which is me beating you senseless. Then you will still be punished by my father, and you will have tripled your pain on all accounts. I'll give you two seconds to decide. One...." she said, staring him down un-flinchingly.
____----
Theo visibly hesitated, but then decided against fleeing, standing his ground.
But you could see the fear eminating from him, practically in waves.
____----
A grin fell onto her face as she saw his true choice.
"Alright, then. Two." she said before calmly pulling back and decking him in the eye.
After a moment of struggle, where she ended with a bruise on her arm and a split lip, she had him pinned under a rock bridge over his midsection, with a significant amount more damage done to he than she.
"Catch ya later, then." she said with a sweet smile, and with that, she ducked back behind the wall, knowing that the others would have gotten replacements by now and that they would be headed towards her.
She grabben Avin's arm, lightly pulling her along at a jog, towards a rope ladder in a dark corner of the alley.
"I have escape routes in ever nook and cranny of this city. Ready to skip this joint?" she asked in a whisper.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"S-sure...if you want me to..." She said, letting her go first. "Lead the way, my lovely lady..." She bowed fakely, but smiled.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy rolled her eyes, laughing.
"No, really, please don't treat me differently. I ran away today to stop getting special treatment. I've walked aroun here my whole life without being recognized until I tell people, and I don't do so for that reason."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"I figured...so, I'll try not to...I'm just...those guys like...nevermind, it doesnt matter, lets go...if you wont go first, I will..." She scurried up the ladder. "Now, show me..I learn quickly."

message 48: by Susan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 06:38PM) (new)

Susan Cydo had watched the entire scene carelessly, and now, he followed them to a dark alley, surveying his surroundings as he went. He stopped at the edge of the narrow space between the two buildings, leaning against a wall.
His eyes scanned the princess. She was strong, that much was obvious, and he would do well to take her for ransom.
But he wouldn't get an army that way. If she thought the same way that he did, or if he could make her, than he would have the power of the whole palace, which, in turn, could lead to an Army of Earth benders immediately.
With that in mind, he hung back and observed them, gold eyes on the princess' back.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 116 comments Aiy grinned.
"Now that is how I wish I was treated always." she noted, ecstatic.
"Alright...." she yanked on the ladder tightly, grabbing it down to about an inch above her height, pulling herself up onto it, her muscles chording against her skin gently.
"Just pull yourself up, and only use your hands. Do not use feet, at any point in time, Crawl yourself up, and stay behind me at all times. Just follow my moves. You'll be fine." she announced, nodding.
She proceeded to take her tricky steps up the curvy ladder, stopping about 3/4ths of the way up the corner of the wall.
"Now...three.....eight....two...." she mumbled to herself, and she pulled a brick from the wall in the coordinates, and there was a person-sized whole, just wide enough to crawl through.
"We just need to get to the other side. Then we're homefree, in the market." she said, smiling back.
"Follow me through. Don't take any turns, you could end up any number of unpleasant places. I made this, I mapped it, and I know it." she said, nodding before plunging into the whole, crawling off in a direction.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Avin nodded. "Fine...sounds awesome possum..." She pushed her hair back with her hand, and followed behind

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13