The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) The Adoration of Jenna Fox discussion

RE: adoration

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J What are the consequences of too much adoration--towards a child?

Olivia If they would have let her died they would still have their memories of Jenna. But because they saved her, they had to deal with knowing that she wouldn't remember anything of her 'other life' And also the fact that the newer Jenna might find out what they did, and not except her new self, or feel like she didn't belong. I think her parents went a little over board in trying to save their only daughter. But, in the long run, they really didn't save her, they fixed her.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy They should have let her go naturally. I feel that Jenna will pay the price for their selfishness.

Emma This was such a good book. I read it in like a day. I was totally hooked on it.

Salem J wrote: "What are the consequences of too much adoration--towards a child?"
The child will feel the pressure of it. They will feel that they need to be perfect because their parent's happiness depends on it. When they are constantly being watched it can lead them to hide things. Small things at first and then they will hide more and more serious things.
The parents were wrong in my opinion. They did what they did for themselves. It is a tough thing though. I would do anything to save my children. They are my life. No parent should suffer the agony of watching their child die. That being said I think this was too far. She was so little of herself. She had a very hard time finding her new self. It hurt her, her parents and her grandmother. In the end she adapted and became someone. She was a daughter and grand daughter again. She was a wife, a friend and a mother because she adapted. Had she remained the Jenna that her parents obsessed over and controlled she may have never found the ability to do what she wanted and have a life outide of their wishes. I do feel bad for her and her friend, living so long would not be my idea of wonderland.

message 6: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J Salem wrote: "J wrote: "What are the consequences of too much adoration--towards a child?"
The child will feel the pressure of it. They will feel that they need to be perfect because their parent's happiness dep..."

I posted this question several weeks ago, and your insight is a good one---

Ivonnev I agree Jenna's parents should've let her go naturally because if Jenna doesn't even remember who she used to be and she isn't comfortable with her family then basically then they already lost her.

Maya Yeah, they just twisted her life up. I think it was kind of......selfish of them because they knew she wouldn't be comfortable with it. But on the other hand, yes, I'm sure any parent would have done the same most likely. Plus it would hurt them to see her all different, too....So I don't know.