Kindle & Nook Lending for Christian Fiction Fans discussion

New group (and general chit chat)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy  (joytdavid) | 27 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I'm putting together this group to find people interested in swapping Christian fiction for the kindle. I'll be working on guidelines, etc. this weekend.

But for now, I wanted to let you know where you can find directions on how to use the Kindle lending feature.

This is Amazon's explanation of how it works: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custome...

If you're interested in swapping with us, please consider making a Goodreads list of kindle books you have available to lend.

Here's my list: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) What excellent timing! I just ordered my Kindle yesterday - and it arrives TOMORROW! Squeeee!

message 3: by Joy (new)

I'm squeeeing with you Heather! I just received mine yesterday!

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 3 comments Hahahaha you two make me giggle! I've had mine for about a year and a half now BUT I will be going overseas on vacation in a couple weeks and so for me it's also perfect timing! Now when we do our big trips I only bring my Kindle instead of ohhhh it's a 2 week vacation.....I'd need at least 5 books and I usually buy a couple LOL! When we were gone five days last week, I read three books! And had packed them ugh!
Anywho, I've never done this so I will be super interested in trying it out! Thanks so much Joy!!

message 5: by Joy (new)

Whoo-hooo! An overseas trip sounds exciting!! Thanks for joining us Hannah. I am trying to figure this out as I go along. I think if we post the books we have available to lend on the group bookshelf it might work. I'm playing with it now.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 3 comments Lol it is exciting except for the fact that we've been to all three of the places but I'm still looking forward to it. This is our norm now lol....the six of us have gone overseas the last six or seven summers in a row. And okay! We'll figure this out! I leave on the 18th so hopefully before that and we'll try it out ; )

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) Yes, long travel trips. I'm looking forward to NOT having a bunch of books with me! ;-)

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (rannsmith61) | 2 comments I must admit I don't like to borrow books. I dislike having a time frame in which I need to read them! (Deadlines for review books are hard enough.) But I joined in order to see how this will work . . .

message 9: by Joy (new)

Thanks for joining Renee! I know everyone will have a different comfort level when it comes to lending or borrowing, so I'm trying to leave it open to individual members on how they choose to participate.

I think it will be valuable to have a place to go to find Christian fiction books to borrow. And thanks for posting the free kindle books earlier! Please continue to post them here, it's great info. :)