The Distant Hours The Distant Hours discussion

A little confusion about the Epilogue...

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

A.F. Who are the two "ghost lovers" in the room, that Edie talks about in the epilogue? And where exactly is Edie when she mentions that? In the castle after its reconstructed?

Melissa They are Juniper and Thomas. She is living in their old apartment. The man downstairs who was getting a play published by someone was the founder of the publishing house Edie works for.

Jayne-Marie Barker I enjoyed this book but I too had to re-read a section close to the end. Excellent value for money, with it being so many pages!

A.F. Melissa wrote: "They are Juniper and Thomas. She is living in their old apartment. The man downstairs who was getting a play published by someone was the founder of the publishing house Edie works for."

Oh ok. Thanks Melissa! Wait so who is living in whose old apartment again? It's been a while since I read this book.

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Briggs Edie, the main character/ narrator of sorts, is living in Juniper and Thomas' old apartment. :) lol

A.F. Sarah wrote: "Edie, the main character/ narrator of sorts, is living in Juniper and Thomas' old apartment. :) lol"

Oh ok, haha! Thanks Sarah!

message 7: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Briggs it's no biggie! :D glad i could help :)

Christiana Hadji It was a coinsidense, right?

Christiana Hadji Oh wait. So Herbert's lover was the guy who gave Thomas the jam?

Melissa Nana wrote: "Oh wait. So Herbert's lover was the guy who gave Thomas the jam?"

I think so...

message 11: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava No, Herbert gave the jam to Juniper when he helped her make Thomas's birthday cake,she gave the jam to Thomas, but they decided not to eat it, to save it for a special occasion.

Nicki Wow I didn't realize it was Thomas and Juniper! I got the impression that Edie was just describing the fact that there are stories and ghosts and old love tales everywhere and associated with every place, and that she was just being imaginative and dreaming up some lovely couple as ghosts. I guess I will have to re-read the ending, which I kind of skipped through. Now that I know that I love it! I think it's fitting

Charity Does anyone have an idea of who the ghost who saved the infant son at the end was supposed to be. Was it the sisters or ws it Thomas?

message 14: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Lump Charity wrote: "Does anyone have an idea of who the ghost who saved the infant son at the end was supposed to be. Was it the sisters or ws it Thomas?

Charity wrote: "Does anyone have an idea of who the ghost who saved the infant son at the end was supposed to be. Was it the sisters or ws it Thomas?

That was Juniper and why she has blood on her clothing when she arrived home.

A.F. wrote: "Who are the two "ghost lovers" in the room, that Edie talks about in the epilogue? And where exactly is Edie when she mentions that? In the castle after its reconstructed?"<

Charity Jane wrote: "Charity wrote: "Does anyone have an idea of who the ghost who saved the infant son at the end was supposed to be. Was it the sisters or ws it Thomas?

Charity wrote: "Does anyone have ..."

Thanks I was unclear about the blood on her shirt now that makes sense. Thanks