Clean Reads discussion

Other Clean Resources > Book Ratings Campaign

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 75 comments Hello one and all. I was recently contacted by a woman who has taken steps to hopefully make a difference. She shared with me her story of what set her on her path, and I was inspired. I told her that I would pass along the web site she started, and we'd see what kind of support we could drum up. If you have any suggestions of ways you think you could help, I think she would be very interested in hearing them.

The web site is http://www.bookratingscampaign.com/. Now let's go create some waves!

Thanks everyone.
Tracy

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 8 comments Here is a copy of what I posted to Jennette on this website:

Try being a librarian in a Catholic High School. Grammar school teachers read 35 pages and have finished many of their books. Mine are 100's of pages each. I have asked the Catholic Library Association to set up a review system, and I am on the Clean Reads list on GoodReads. You are pushing forward on a campaign I fully support.

I would like to reply to the argument that ratings make movies less likely to be viewed. Nonsense! Everyone knows that many movie makers intentionally put in objectionable language, and/or sex, and/or violence to insure that their movie receives a R rating. This is because an R rating attracts more viewers--believe it or not. Of course, the rare, well-made G rated movie can become a blockbuster, but that is because they are so rare.

Please keep me updated as to your progress.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 46 comments The link did not work for me.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (whitepicketfence) | 100 comments The link didn't work for me either.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris This was first posted in 2011. The link is probably old.

message 6: by Sallyavena (new)

Sallyavena | 41 comments If you are looking for a site that rates books, you should check out http://www.compassbookratings.com/ They rate books based on content just like that movies rating site and break it down to what it is that gave the book that rating.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris That's helpful, thanks!

message 8: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 20 comments It's always nice to know what you're getting into before you get to it, at least the stuff that ends the book for you.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Nunes (rachelannnunes) | 2 comments We have started a community site for rating books at https://mybookratings.com/. There are only a few thousand rated books so far (we are still in the process of uploading the ratings we have), but we need more. Please come join us and rate all your favorite books. If the books aren't already on the site, it will take a few hours for them to put on the links, pictures and blurbs, but then they will be there forever. Because there are SO many books out there, we felt a community site was the only way to get enough rated to make a difference. Please help! Thanks.

message 10: by Chantre' (new)

Chantre' | 3 comments I'm so happy to hear there is a community site for this now! Thank you so much for the invitation and information. I'm happy to contribute and know I will get some good recommendations and information here. What a great idea!