Positively Book Crazy discussion

Suggestions for books with Angels/Fallen Angels

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for books containing Angels/Fallen Angels ~

I've read Hush Hush, City of Bones, Angelology... all have peaked my interest and I'd like to continue reading the like subject, therefore any suggestions/recommendations will be great!!!

Thanks!

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments I just read Soulkeepers by GP Ching and really enjoyed it!! And The Buried Covenant by Shawn Keenan is not exactly angels but similar. And there's always Fallen by Lauren Kate, Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia, and Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. :)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Thanks, you are the second to suggest the Fallen Series... (I posted my question on facebook too)... I also got Tiger's Curse and Starcrossed. Love the suggestions!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments Tiger's Curse was good... but not really the angel category.. I've looked at Starcrossed a few times - looks like it might be good. :)

message 5: by Bella (new)

Bella (bellacolella) | 130 comments Mod
Yea Tigers Curse is not anything angel like at all....I hear great things about Fallen series I have it i need to read!

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Omgosh, you have read Angelology?! Wasnt that amazing?! Did you hear there is a book 2 coming out??

I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments and Hush Hush series...

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions!

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments TMI = Best Books EVER!! ♥Jace

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments BTW - you can vote for Daniel Grigori (Fallen) in the current book-hottie showdown at http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/ :)

message 9: by Bella (new)

Oh Jace he is my love, great books!!!

I need to check out this Angelology book!!!

message 10: by Bella (new)

Salvador wrote: "There are so many Angel Fiction books that will really rocks your world...

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
A Touch Mortal by Leah Cliford
Angelfire by Courtney Moulton
"Falle..."

Thanks for the share!!

message 11: by Emily (last edited Jul 11, 2011 08:02PM) (new)

Emily | 5 comments Deidre Knights Midnight Warrior series is good...Its about fallen gods/angels...

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Just found one called "The Last Archangel" looks good as well, if nothing else the cover alone sells it.

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 1 comments Angel By L.A. Weatherly was REALLY good! and yup, of course the Fallen Series but Starcrossed is not about fallen angels, its about greek gods and mythology, still a good read, but not fallen angel.
Oh yer, also Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, and Halo was also good, if a little cheesy :-P

message 14: by Bella (last edited Jul 17, 2011 12:56PM) (new)

Unearthly was goooodddd!!

The Keepers is good too!

Angel I need to look up!

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments I just finished Ethereal by Addison Moore - it was a pretty good angel book, too! And it's only $.99 on Amazon Kindle which is even better!

message 16: by Bella (new)

got it!!:)

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments OMG - and I have to recommend Meant to Be by Tiffany King - just finished it! And it's another #.99 Amazon Kindle so there is just no reason not to give it a read! ;)

message 18: by Bella (new)

Oh yay, I am going to be getting them both!!;)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Unearthly is very good, also hush hush series!

message 20: by Bella (new)

Abbey wrote: "Unearthly is very good, also hush hush series!"

Totally agree love!

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy, #1) by L.A. Weatherly

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

I am almost done with this book & it is soooooooo good!! It kinda reminds me of Supernatural (tv show) with a lot more romance! It is VERY different from any other Angel book I've ever read!

You can actually download the first 3 chapters to read for free if you want to check it out..
http://www.goodreads.com/work/compare...
the "online stores" link should take you to whatever format you like - Kindle, nook, etc

message 22: by W.H. (new)

W.H. (lovetiggi) | 8 comments The Keepers by Monique O'Connor James

message 23: by Jackie (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments Forgotten Souls (The Saving Angels, #2) by Tiffany King the sequel to Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1) by Tiffany King by Tiffany King is out! And it's only $2.99 on Amazon!

message 24: by Terri (new)

Terri (mommy0306) | 3 comments you should check out michele hauf. she writes a lot about fallen angels. she has a series about fallen angels that i really enjoyed.

message 25: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 8 comments Awakened by Ednah Walters and Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2) by Ednah Walters
good books

message 26: by Sandra "Jeanz" (new)

Sandra "Jeanz" Hi

has anyone suggested Paradox; The Angels Are Here by Patti Roberts
or
Crossroads by Mary Ting
I really enjoyed both books and also did an interview with Mary Ting on my blog

message 27: by Christina (new)

Christina (bookaddict_07) | 2 comments There is a series by Nalini Singh the series is called Guild Hunter & the first book is Angel's Blood, the 2nd is Archangel's Kiss, 3rd Archangel's Consort, & the newest one is Archangel's Blade. There is also Angels' Pawn it goes with the series, but isn't a necessary part of it. There are normal humans, hunter born humans, vampires, angels, & archangels. I don't know how much I can actually say without giving away the whole story, but I know I enjoy the series a lot.

message 28: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel Beyers (gabrielbeyers) | 2 comments My novel Guarding the Healer has angels and demons both.

"When Silas Walker is endowed with the power to heal, he soon discovers that no gift comes without a price.

A man possessed by an ancient evil is taunting the healer with photos of victims brutally murdered and marked with the crude image of an angel, and for Silas the slain are growing more familiar.

After he is given an ominous warning and an unbearable ultimatum, Silas sets out to draw his enemy away from those he loves, and discover the true purpose of his gift, which leads him inexplicably to a troubled young drifter named Tommy.

The Stalker is close on the healer's trail, bringing with him an army of demons. Silas's only hope rests in the hands of a guardian angel he doesn't even know exists.

The Guardian is doing all within his power to save the healer, but he is certain Silas is heading into a trap. Time is running out. War is at hand.

But there is no turning back. For even an angel can't alter a man's destiny."

You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005342GQY, http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Guar..., http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/....

message 29: by Jackie (last edited Sep 13, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

Jackie -Sated Faery (jmcpherson) | 40 comments Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1) by Tiffany King Meant to Be by Tiffany King is FREE on Amazon Kindle right now!!! A beautiful Angel story!!
http://www.amazon.com/Meant-Saving-An...

message 30: by Scott (new)

Scott Moerland | 1 comments I have written a book about archangels and the Nephilim. I have had some excellent reviews and you can watch a short video preview on www.archangelsfury.com you can also read part of the book for free on amazon.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Eve of Darkness (Marked, #1) by S.J. Day A Touch of Crimson (Renegade Angels, #1) by Sylvia Day

coming soon - Angel of Darkness (The Fallen, #1) by Cynthia Eden Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden

message 32: by Vernon (last edited Oct 13, 2011 12:49PM) (new)

Vernon Baker (goodreadscomvernonbaker) | 6 comments Just came across this thread. You might want to check out my novel Slow Boat To Purgatory. It's got more than its share of Angels. A fun read that is getting some nice reviews in the three months it has been out. I also just lowered the price to $0.99 for a limited time.

http://vernonjbaker.blogspot.com/2011...

message 33: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (caligirl25) | 5 comments Dont know if you would really call them Angels or not. but they do have wings...

Max (Maximum Ride, #5) by James Patterson Fang (Maximum Ride, #6) by James Patterson The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, #2) by James Patterson Angel (Maximum Ride, #7) by James Patterson The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4) by James Patterson Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3) by James Patterson

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Wade | 5 comments The Fallen Angel series by Jr Ward are great and have l lots of angels .....

message 35: by Heather (last edited Nov 05, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

Heather Minor I'm a bit late getting to the discussion but oh well :-) ... my suggestions are Nalini Singh Guild Hunter series as well as Caris Roanes World of ascension.. Both of these series were great Angel PNR reads. I also agree that Jr Wards Fallen Angel series was darn good too. I'm going to have to look into some of these books you guys have listed. They sound good. Thanks.

message 36: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (caligirl25) | 5 comments Lori wrote: "The Fallen series by Kristina Douglas is really good. Fallen angels and ruthless demons. The first book is The Fallen: Raziel and the second book is The Fallen: Demon. I've read both books in this ..."

Raziel was great...i didn't know tht Demon was out yet.. I will have to go find that one

message 37: by Annie (new)

Annie | 1 comments HALO ALEXANDRA ADORNETTO
this is AWSEOME
seriuosly I'm like about to re-read it now

message 38: by B.C. (new)

B.C. Morin (bcmorin) | 1 comments Annie wrote: "HALO ALEXANDRA ADORNETTO
this is AWSEOME
seriuosly I'm like about to re-read it now"

Annie, I agree ! I LOVE that series. Have you read Hades yet ?

message 39: by Brea (new)

Brea Essex (breaessex) | 1 comments My novel, Foreshadow, is all about angels and fallen angels. I also loved Halo by Alexandra Adornetto and Thomas Sniegoski's Fallen series. Hush, Hush and Lauren Kate's Fallen are among my favorites.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hush Hush series is my FAVORITE!

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson (teeloveskylejacobson) | 4 comments Mod
I am currently reading a great Angel and Warrior book called Until Next Time and this book is FANTASTIC! Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1) by Amy Lignor

message 42: by Amber (new)

Amber | 24 comments Mod
Great now I'm going to have to add all these darn books to my to read list. It is never ever going to go below 500 I swear LOL!

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson (teeloveskylejacobson) | 4 comments Mod
hehe enjoy them!

message 44: by Vernon (new)

Vernon Baker (goodreadscomvernonbaker) | 6 comments Slow Boat to Purgatory has a plethora of angels, fallen and not so fallen. And I just put the e-book version on free promotion. It starts at midnight on Amazon and runs for 48 hours so here's your chance to climb aboard the Slow Boat for free.

http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Boat-To-Pu...

http://vernonjbaker.blogspot.com/2012...

message 45: by Kel (new)

Kel Pfeiffer | 5 comments The series that has Angels but is not revolved around them that i enjoy is Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld - there are a couple of Angels in there (& they pop up to help throughout the book) but there's a new separate series coming out that is focused on the Angels only called Angels of the Dark which i am HANGING for :)
Some people have already mentioned J R Ward's Fallen Angels series which is a great series too - there are 3 books there so far & i just finished book 1 by Heather Killough-Walden which is her 'The Lost Angels' series - it's called Avenger's Angel - i LOVED this one too :)
I do enjoy a good Fallen Angel story :)
If you're more in to the YA scene - i'd go Lauren Kate's Fallen series but i'm sure someone has already mentioned that anyway!

message 46: by José (new)

José  (j-antony) | 9 comments another good series is hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick!..
its sn amazing angels book!and it´s even a serie

message 47: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I see Fallen by Lauren Kate has been suggested but it really is a good series.

message 48: by Kelechi (new)

Kelechi (kele_xo) | 1 comments How about Fallen by Lauren Kate?!