NaNoWriMo 2012 discussion

NaNoWriMo Archive > Camp NaNoWriMo

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hey, guys. Incase you didn't know, the Camp NaNoWriMo site is up! Here's the link: http://www.campnanowrimo.org/

And here's a link to the group I created for it. As far as I know, it's the only group for the camp.
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

message 2: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) I'm joining!! I need to finish up those stories that I wrote for the site!

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Awesome!!!

message 4: by R.M. (new)

R.M. (rmprioleau) | 2 comments I'm already hard at work with my NaNovel! I'll be participating in both July and August.

Btw, can the name of this group be changed to just NaNoWriMo? I realized this was created just for the 2010 competition, but it would be good if this could be the primary Goodreads group for all NaNoWriMo events since there are so many people in the group already.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) They update the name every year, R.M. I imagine it'll be changed to NaNoWriMo 2011 before Novemeber.

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Collins (rainyc) I'm new to all this.. but want to try it.. I am on Camp NanoWriMo also.. looking for cabin mates

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathldk) Lorraine: Welcome! Camp NaNoWriMo happens in June and August, and cabin mates are automatically assigned by an algorithm. It's good fun :)

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Camp NaNoWriMo took place this past July and August and there are several different options for cabin mates. You'll have to go to your settings, Lorraine. But you won't have any cabin mates until July and August when the camp sessions begin again.

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathldk) I stand corrected, although I remember seeing on the main NaNo site that they're planning the next camp to be in June and August. But yes, you can request certain cabin mates or opt out or take your chances with the algorithm. :)

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathldk) You can read exactly what it's all about here.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Are they planning that? I didn't see that. I think it's much better that way.