No Dark Romance Allowed discussion

Recommend a book > Historical

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyrical (new)

Lyrical (lyricalbrown) | 37 comments Mod
Chris Bradford's Young Samurai series has recently made me obsessed with all things Japanese: I'm learning the language, cultivating bonsai and playing lots of Pokemon. Any book that can set you up with 3 new hobbies has got to be worth reading.

message 2: by Lyrical (new)

A Most Important Magick by Stephanie Burgis gets 5 stars from me! Check out my review here

message 3: by Lyrical (new)

You might have seen I'm a big fan of the Young Samurai series by Chris Bradford and I've reviewed the first 3 books in the series so my obsession might make a bit more sense to you... Here they are: The Way of the Warrior, The Way of the Sword and The Way of the Dragon. I'm posting my reviews of the next 3 books this week!

message 4: by Lyrical (new)

I've discovered a fantastic new author in Zoe Marriott and have reviewed her take on the Cinderella story in Shadows on the Moon. If anyone has read Zoe's other books then let me know what you thought!

message 5: by Lyrical (new)

Big squee! I've just reviewed A Tangle of Magicks, Stephanie Burgis' second book in The Most Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson. I can't get enough of Kat! Magic, mystery and a kick-butt heroine all set in the Regency period. What more do you want?

message 6: by Lyrical (new)

My August 2011 Self Publishing Spotlight features The Raven Girl by Kathy Cecala. It's a beautiful story that immerses the reader in late 15th century Ireland, a fascinating look at the suspicious nature of people coming across different things.