No Dark Romance Allowed discussion

Recommend a book > Adventure

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyrical (new)

Lyrical (lyricalbrown) | 37 comments Mod
There are tragically few true adventure books coming out at the moment but I just read a brilliant example of the genre: Shark Island by David Miller. There's a full review on my blog (http://lyricalreviewsya.blogspot.com/...) and it's adventure pure and simple. I'm also a HUGE fan of Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series.

message 2: by Lyrical (last edited Aug 08, 2011 01:51AM) (new)

Get ready to kick some butt with my reviews of the first 3 books in the Young Samurai series, great adventure and some great life lessons too! Here they are: The Way of the Warrior, The Way of the Sword and The Way of the Dragon. I'm posting my reviews of the next 3 books this week!

message 3: by Lyrical (new)

Looking for adventure stories for girls? I can't recommend Stephanie Burgis and The Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson enough! Magic, mystery and a kick-butt heroine all set in the Regency period - it's like a dream come true!

message 4: by Lyrical (new)

It's great to finally be up to date with Young Samurai, I just finished the latest one, The Ring of Fire, and am now fidgeting for the next one... Here's my reviews of The Ring of Earth, The Ring of Water and The Ring of Fire. These are such good books both for great butt kicking adventure but also for learning things about humanity. I can't recommend them too highly!