No Dark Romance Allowed discussion

General > Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyrical (new)

Lyrical (lyricalbrown) | 37 comments Mod
Welcome to No Dark Romance Allowed! We're a very friendly group so please introduce yourself.

message 2: by Lyrical (new)

OK, I'll go first. My name is Lyrical Brown and I love YA fiction but these days when I look at what's coming out on Amazon, I feel like if you removed all the dark romance you'd be left with about 6 titles. I think this stinks because I am not a fan of the dark romance and I miss the days of good, fun, interesting stories that don't involve lashings of hot vampires or highly toned werewolves. I have a blog where I review YA fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, adventures and contemporary so if you're looking for a great story check it out: http://lyricalreviewsya.blogspot.com/

message 3: by Lyrical (new)

Carroll wrote: "I am Carroll Bryant, I am the author of a non-dark romance and comedy called CHILDREN OF THE FLOWER POWER and currently, numbing my pain with gold elixir. (I think I spelled that correctly)

Anyh..."

Glad to have you here! Feel free to add any recommendations and I will add your book to my TBR pile!

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Harsch Hi, all -I'm Kathie Harsch - a YA writer and more importantly, a language arts teacher of teens. I'm looking for books I can actually recommend to my students. Thank you for this group!!! I feel the same way about going to the YA shelves (either actual or virtual) and finding nothing but red and black book covers featuring blood drips and fangs. It's depressing. I love YA paranormal romance and some sci-fi/fantasy, some YA dystopian and some adult fiction (though it's rare that I read anything NOT in the YA or middle grades sections).

message 5: by Lyrical (new)

Kathie wrote: "Hi, all -I'm Kathie Harsch - a YA writer and more importantly, a language arts teacher of teens. I'm looking for books I can actually recommend to my students. Thank you for this group!!! I feel th..."

Hoorah! Welcome fellow despairer of the YA bookshelves. Don't worry, all books with black and red covers are banned from this group. As for recommendations, that is something we can definitely help with, my YA fiction site (Lyrical Reviews) is a vampire and werewolf free zone and I post all my reviews to Goodreads plus I'm just about to inundate this group with my recent recommendations so stay tuned!