One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 > Challenge Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) If you have any suggestions for a Challenge, please feel free to post them in this topic. If it's for a specific month, please provide which month you'd like to see it for.

Thanks!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Just thinking, since there is a million pages in a lifetime goal that everyone is working on individually what about a million books goal we could do as a group? Everyone could report how many books they read each month (at the end of the month) and the mods could update a ticker at the top of the page. Probably could start at the beginning of 2012 see how long it takes the group to reach the goal. Just an idea :)

message 3: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments That sounds like an excellent idea Rebecca! I think starting in January will be a great time.

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay | 862 comments Great idea Rebecca. Would be interesting to see how fast the whole group could get to 1 million pages. Maybe we should have a goal of "X" months to reach it.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) That sounds like an awesome idea, I also like Shay's element of a goal of a certain number of months to reach it.

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I agree with everything that's being proposed. It would definitely be interesting :D.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

well, you guys are the brains behind the group:) so however you guys want to set it up would be great! I'll just read the books and contribute :D and we all know Shay will contribute a lot :)

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! She definitely will, Rebecca :D

I think I will set this up. But I'm going to wait till about mid-December.

message 9: by Zakiya (last edited Nov 28, 2011 02:54PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Alrighties, Lyss and I are changing a couple of things about it, but everything that yall posted above is still the same I think. Most of it should be :)

message 10: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 227 comments I've got some suggestions!!

-Maybe we could do a spell-it-out challengee of the group name, to show some group spirit! So we would spell-out ONE MILLION PAGES using book titles, or author names. To make it harder, we could extend it, like do ONE MILLION PAGES IN A LIFETIME, or, THE ONE MILLION PAGES GROUP ROCKS or something along those lines. I think it would be really fun! This challenge would probably work as a yearly challenge.

-I was also thinking that we could do something with people recommending books. I can't remember if I saw this in an other group, I probably did. But anyways, what you would do is post that you want to participate in the challenge, and state what genres you like. Then after sign-ups are finished, the mods would match people up, and have them choose a book for that person, based on the books they liked and the genre they listed. So, here's an example:

PERSON 1: I would like to participate! My favorite genre is YA Dystopian.

PERSON 2: I would like to join! MY favorite genres are Realistic fiction, fantasy, and YA.

So, the mods match everyone up, and Person 1 and Person 2 get assigned to each other. Person 2 chooses
Divergent for Person 1, since they like YA Dystopian, and they haven't read that book yet. Person 1 chooses My Life Undecided for Person 2, because they like Realistic-fiction and YA, and they haven't read it. Then, for the challenge, they would read the book assigned.

Does that make any sense at all?? Anyways, I think we could make that a monthly challenge. I'll try to look up the group I found it from [sometimes I just randomly browse groups] so we can give them credit if necessary. =)

Anyways, let me know mods if you need some clarification!

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That sounds like a great idea!! I think I saw that in another group, too. I'll look through the ones I'm apart of and see if it's one of those. If we can't find the original group, we can always just say that we found it in another group.

message 12: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 227 comments Sounds great to me! =)

message 13: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I'm up for the ONE MILLiON PAGE GROUP ROCKS challenge. I mean it's the truth so why not rock it?!?!?!!!!

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments lots of groups do a recommendation, pick it for me kind of one - for sure I know the RRRC does, and so does the m/m group...but they tweak it in their own ways...the m/m has to be a new to you author and you can't specify any restrictions (they do have a comfort zone one where you can)...and the RRRC normally has 6-8 categories and you get rec's for all those

message 15: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 227 comments Mad Scientist wrote: "I'm up for the ONE MILLiON PAGE GROUP ROCKS challenge. I mean it's the truth so why not rock it?!?!?!!!!"

lol, glad you like the idea! And it's totally true. =)

message 16: by Aneeqah (new)

Aneeqah | 227 comments Dee wrote: "lots of groups do a recommendation, pick it for me kind of one - for sure I know the RRRC does, and so does the m/m group...but they tweak it in their own ways...the m/m has to be a new to you auth..."

Is it usually successful? I mean, does it work well?

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments i think so...the RRRC group tends to have anywhere from 30-80+ people involved, the m/m group is a bit smaller, maybe 20-30 people participate

message 18: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments It's sound like fun. If u finish the one recommended book is another book chosen? Keeps on going? I won't be able to keep up w people as they sign up through the year. I'll be limited in China. But I'd join in. So if Z or Meghan will keep up w it or someone else who volunteers it would be fun!

message 19: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments depends...the m/m group you only had to do the 1, RRRC you have up to 8 choices and you can do all of those, or only one of those if you want

another of my groups does it continuing one...so if you join up, you pick a recommendation for the person above you who needed a rec...then the next person that joins gives you a rec...when you finish your book, you post, and then someone gives you a rec...clear as mud right?

message 20: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments That makes it so much better. Then the picker is different every time if it rotates. I like that idea.

Added the group rocks challenge. There is an easy, medium, & hard for this group pride challenge!! ;)