YA LGBT Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Group Logo

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Our group needs a logo! Something, young, fresh and eye catching. Feeling creative? Show us what you've got! After you've come up with a design, save it as an image and post it here. Keep in mind that the work must be original or if you use a stock photo that you have purchased the rights to it.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Anything you want but it should mention the name of the group.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

And no naughty bits ;p

message 4: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments a bit of cliche but, oh well ;P any comments/ideas/critique are welcome, this is just one short evening work, so i bet there's a plenty of things to improve :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oohh, I like it! It's very hip and classy at the same time. :)

message 6: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments Tygrys wrote: "a bit of cliche but, oh well ;P any comments/ideas/critique are welcome, this is just one short evening work, so i bet there's a plenty of things to improve :)"

Tygrys, that is effin awesome!

Instead of being black, could the arrows have the same texture and gloss as the rest of the double-heart shape? After all, if the hearts are bodies, their little peenies should have the same "skin."

Ralph Gallagher | 122 comments Charles wrote: "After all, if the hearts are bodies, their little peenies should have the same "skin." "

Maybe they're wearing condoms? =P

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer Michaels | 361 comments I love it Tygrys!! Beautiful!! Peenies? Really? Charles, you crack me up!

message 9: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments ♂♂

You didn't think they were carrying umbrellas, did you?

*grin*

message 10: by Summer (new)

Summer Michaels | 361 comments My mind went straight to Peenie Weenies.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I love it Tygrys. Let's see it with red arrows. Can you do that for us?

message 12: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments Summer wrote: "My mind went straight to Peenie Weenies."

In message 10, I wanted to make a joke about teeny-weeny peenies, but I didn't want to crush their little egos.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) Charles wrote: "Summer wrote: "My mind went straight to Peenie Weenies."

In message 10, I wanted to make a joke about teeny-weeny peenies, but I didn't want to crush their little egos."

LMAO

I like the logo, too. :)

message 14: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments thank you all for such positive feedback! i'll work on the peenies when i get back home from work. and Charles - i could make 'em bigger for you, if you like ;>

message 15: by Pickles (last edited Jul 06, 2011 01:36AM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) Looks great, Tygrys! I'm apparently in the minority, though, because I like the way the "peenies" look in black. :)

message 16: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments Tygrys it looks great!

Harper nope, you're not alone, I like them in black too, there is more contrast.

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I like them in black too, I just want to see another version of it :) Also, can you add "M/M Romance" and "goodreads.com" somewhere? We need to have the name of the group and where to find us on our logo. Here's an example of a logo that was done for the big group. Our slogan is "Don't Read In The Closet" I really liked this one.

message 18: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments Moderatrix Lori wrote: ...Also, can you add "M/M Romance" and "goodreads.com" somewhere? We need to have the name of the group and where to find us on ..."

sure, have an idea how to do this - i'll try to upload new version this evening :)

message 19: by Tygrys (last edited Jul 06, 2011 01:16PM) (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments ok, here it goes:

message 20: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) I like it! I think now that you changed the background a little, the red "peenies" do look good. Hehe. Great job!

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) I like it. Having it all the same color gives it a little bit of a tattoo feel.

message 22: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments *blushes* thank you!

i must admit - hot red on dark background is my most favorite color theme >.< but there are also some thoughts behind this project ;P being young gay man is not easy, the world seems to be dark and rough, but when love strikes - it burns inside one's heart like wild flame, beautiful and overpowering. so i made it like that - burnt wood and black steel being the world, and red hearts as the love between two young men. yeah, i know, i'm sappy >.<

message 23: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Ander (lexia) | 2 comments Tygrys wrote: "*blushes* thank you!

i must admit - hot red on dark background is my most favorite color theme >..<"

An artist and a poet! Great job!

message 24: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments I do love it. It looks like a professional logo. One that might be used for a boys' love manga line, for example.

Great job!

The last suggestion I have is to check it out at the very small sizes it will normally appear. You may find you have to crop the elements closer.

But, jeez, it's pretty!

message 25: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments Great job :))

Tygrys wrote: " there are also some thoughts behind this project ;P being young gay man is not easy, the world seems to be dark and rough, but when love strikes - it burns inside one's heart like wild flame, beautiful and overpowering. so i made it like that - burnt wood and black steel being the world, and red hearts as the love between two young men.
"

The logo is even more beautiful knowing the ideas behind it :)

message 26: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments The last suggestion I have is to check it out at the very small sizes ..."

if people will choose it to represent the group, i will make several size versions of it with different arrangements, like smaller hearts on either left or right side of the metal plaque for a vertical banners, for example. now it's just a general idea. and since Lori made another contest for the slogan i will wait for it to be resolved and place the winning phrase on the logo :)

message 27: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments Ah, yes. Good plan :-)

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) That's fabulous Tygrys. Once we get our slogan, you can add that. I love the masculine feel of it. Just beautiful.

message 29: by Justin (new)

Justin South (justinsouth) | 79 comments Tygrys wrote: "ok, here it goes:

"

Great Tygrys, (but am not keen on the 'barn door' background).

message 30: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 122 comments I wonder how it would look with like a tree background instead of the wood planks. Kinda like carving initials into a tree in a heart.

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Ralph wrote: "I wonder how it would look with like a tree background instead of the wood planks. Kinda like carving initials into a tree in a heart."

That's an interesting idea Ralph!

message 32: by Tygrys (last edited Jul 07, 2011 04:07PM) (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments Will test it when i get back from my business trip tomo :)

message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Doesn't anyone have a slogan suggestion?

message 34: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments "Boys Will Do Boys"

LOL!

message 35: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments Lol Charles, that's subtle :D

message 36: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments as requested, with tree bark as background:

message 37: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments Looks even better if possible :)

message 38: by Summer (new)

Summer Michaels | 361 comments Looks great Tygrys ;)

Charles, you make me giggle.

message 39: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) I actually preferred the previous background, on the milled lumber. They all look great, though. :)

message 40: by Summer (new)

Summer Michaels | 361 comments Maybe this is just me and my hand holding love, but what if we had an image of a rainbow heart between two male hands. I am a total sap so I don't care who knows it so maybe the slogan could be something like...Open hearts, open minds...

Thinking of the young lovers we have in this group also makes me want to protect that innocent love. So what if we have a pair of hands holding/protecting a rainbow heart? Yep, just call me Sappy Summer.

message 41: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) Summer wrote: "So what if we have a pair of hands holding/protecting a rainbow heart? Yep, just call me Sappy Summer."

Okay, so maybe it is a little sappy, but I really love the mental image that's giving me. A little sap is good for the soul. :)

message 42: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) Tygrys wrote: "as requested, with tree bark as background:"

That is awesome!

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Looks great Tygrys.

I love your idea Summer. Maybe Tyg can take your idea and run with it?

message 44: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments i could try, tho i'm not sure if i have the skill to make it :) but anyway i will not be able to play with this idea this month - going on my summer holiday to Italy with my boy tomorrow. still in pieces and not packed yet! *travel panic*

message 45: by grumpybybirth (new)

grumpybybirth | 19 comments I can give it a try if you want.

message 46: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments Tygrys wrote: "i could try, tho i'm not sure if i have the skill to make it :) but anyway i will not be able to play with this idea this month - going on my summer holiday to Italy with my boy tomorrow. still in ..."
Have fun during your holiday Tygrys. :)

And keep in mind that here (in Italy) is freaking hot at the moment, pack light things!

message 47: by Summer (new)

Summer Michaels | 361 comments Sono troppo geloso! Avere un grande momento!

Did I say that right?

message 48: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) Mmmm, eat well, Tygrys. I'm jealous, too.

message 49: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) grumpybybirth wrote: "I can give it a try if you want."

I think you should go for it. :)

message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) grumpybybirth wrote: "I can give it a try if you want."

Yes! Please do. Everyone is welcome to give it a shot.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.