Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Riley Jensen Series

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is to discussion the Riley Jensen Series

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5) by Keri Arthur The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6) by Keri Arthur Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, #7) by Keri Arthur Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian, #8) by Keri Arthur Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9) by Keri Arthur

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments One of my faves. :D Was sorry to see it end, but looking forward to Risa's series starting in Sept. (1st book: Darkness Unbound)

No time for a re-read, but I'll pop back in once people start chatting.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I didn't realize that she had another series planned. Nice!!

I did enjoy this series, but I think in the middle I got a little tired of what was going on. I felt like the series was in a lull and Arthur was just extending the series to fit a set number of books. But after bound of Shadows it got good again. So overall, I ended up being happy with the series.

I know that some people had some complaints about the first book and that Jensen was too sexual. What do other people think about that?

message 4: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 114 comments The first one or two were my least favorites. Then I got hooked! I was sad to see them end too. I am really looking forward to the Risa series.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments I thought Riley's sexuality throughout the series totally fit with her character and Keri's descriptions of were heat, etc. Not bothered by it at all.

I read the first books when they were released, so I have a hard time remembering all the details. But, I consistently rated the books 4-5★.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I like this series too, one of my favorites. I know some people are bothered by Riley's sexuality, but it fit with how the werewolves are within this world. I love how she flirts with everyone.

I too was sad to see it end, I did like how somethings were tied up, but it seemed to be done too fast and was almost anticlimactic for me.

message 7: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 52 comments I think sometimes things were a little rough, sexually especially. It is an interesting series and really grew on me. I really liked her little family (with her brother & his boyfriend). Riley & Quinn were good together. Some of the characters were interesting, like Iktar and his parlor tricks (his man parts).

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I loved Kade and how much he flirted with Riley and also the crime scene wolf that she always flirted with. She seemed to always goad them, but it was in good fun.

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments Darcy wrote: "I loved Kade and how much he flirted with Riley and also the crime scene wolf that she always flirted with. She seemed to always goad them, but it was in good fun."

Me too! :D Kade and his stable.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Steph wrote: "Me too! :D Kade and his stable."

Yeah, I never gave a thought to horse shifters, but the thought of them is great!

message 11: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments She had some fun shifters in that series. :)

message 12: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 114 comments I loved her boss too!

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Yeah, and her sniping with Sally the secretary.

message 14: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 114 comments I forgot about Sally. I liked her too!

message 15: by Jade (new)

Jade (jadeiheartQuay) | 7 comments Really liked this series!! Was sad and happy for Riley at the end!! Kade I *heart* you!!