Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Sleeping with the Fishes - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This is to discuss Sleeping with the Fishes by MaryJanice Davidson Sleeping with the Fishes (Fred the Mermaid, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson

To begin in July!

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Did anyone start this one yet? If so, how are you liking it so far.

If you've read this book before but not this month, how does it compare with Davidson's other series?

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I thought this one was funny, Fred made me laugh. The book is a very fast read, a great beach read.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments I agree with Darcy. It was a light, easy read. I was concerned at first that it would be Betsy with fins, but I think Fred is definitely one of a kind.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I will be starting this one later this week....

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah I get worried sometimes when an author has multiple series and I always wonder if characters are going to be the same.

I know when I read some Nora Roberts/JD Robb books, I always pick out what seems to be an earlier version of Roarke. Same thing with Janet Evanovich, I'm like oh I see that later in the Plum books.

It's like they practice writing a particular character and then perfect it in their popular series. But I'm glad to hear that this isn't another Betsy book.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I read this one last night and liked it so much I moved right on to the second one...they are very cute and quick reads....

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I read this a couple of years ago when it first came out and it didn't do much for me. But then I don't like Betsy anymore after the one last year!

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I read this series a while ago and enjoyed the quirkiness of Fred and her misadventures. I liked this one much better than the Betsy series. The first few Betsy books were ok but then I got tired of them. Betsy just got on my darn nerves.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I liked this much better then the Betsy series too....while I liked the first couple they became very repetitive...I liked Fred's grumpiness

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm still waiting for the library to get me a copy. I'm excited about it though, it seems people are really enjoying it.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I may check this one out.

message 13: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments Don't know if I'll get my copy in time for the BOM. I will definitely be reading it though.

message 14: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 17 comments Finished the book last night. I actually liked the book better than her undead series. I enjoyed Fred. She seemed fun and able to get into mischief without trying. I loved the opening 2 pages. LOL.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Jacy wrote: "Don't know if I'll get my copy in time for the BOM. I will definitely be reading it though."

My copy probably won't be here in time either! I hate when that happens.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments Chrissy315 wrote: "I actually liked the book better than her undead series. I enjoyed Fred. She seemed fun and able to get into mischief without trying. I loved the opening 2 pages. LOL."

I have to agree! Betsy tends to get on my nerves. I will be interested to see what happens with the next few books, though. Too often, I find a book I like and the rest of the series is only so-so. I'm not sure why I like Fred so much - maybe it's the name...

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments @ Sarah- there are only 3 books in this one and they are all pretty good

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Nichole ~Bookaholic~ wrote: "@ Sarah- there are only 3 books in this one and they are all pretty good"

Are there plans for more books or is it finished?

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I thought I read some where that it was done.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Ahh okay.

message 21: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments I'm so bummed that I won't get to read this in time. I will read it when it gets in, hope it will be early in Aug. Maybe I can use it for my RAT!