What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Hollow Kingdom (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Hollow Kingdom
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult Fantasy. Girl cuts face to avoid getting married. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (shes_all_mine14) | 15 comments I read a book back in High School that I really liked and wanted to read again. It was young adult fantasy. I only remember bits and pieces of it. In the beginning there is this girl who lives in a tribe were if a woman has a baby she dies no matter what. She was very pretty. She didn't want to die but she was engaged to the next chief. To keep from having to get married she took a bone knife and cut her face and the guy wouldn't marry her. There is also something about a guy turning in to a black cat and watching over a little girl. At the end the girl is heal by a knight from a near by kingdom who came to save her. Thank you guys very much for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments Weird premise. A society with those rules would die out soon. Two children per woman are necessary for replacement of a generation - more if there is any attrition (death) before reproduction. Sorry, I don't know the book, but the summary is interesting.

message 3: by Molly (new) - added it

Molly Woodbury was it part of the hollow kingdom trilogy? it sounds so familiar

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (shes_all_mine14) | 15 comments Yes the book is in that Trilogy. Thank you so much. It has been driving me crazy for a bout a year now. I never new it was a trilogy either. I just some how got a hold of the second book. Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Molly (new) - added it

Molly Woodbury no problem, that was an amazing series!