Amazon Kindle discussion

Kindle in Australia

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm from Australia and have just purchased a Kindle, which I'm quite excited about. It's due to arrive in a few days but I was just wondering whether I'll need an adaptor to plug it into Australian powerpoints?

message 2: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments you should be able to plug it into your pc to recharge. that is what i do.... and I'm in Aussie.

PS - Love my kindle!

message 3: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments it comes with a usb cable

message 4: by Kim (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:53PM) (new)

Kim (kimmr) Jessica wrote: "I'm from Australia and have just purchased a Kindle, which I'm quite excited about. It's due to arrive in a few days but I was just wondering whether I'll need an adaptor to plug it into Australian..."

Jessica - do you have an Iphone? If so, you can plug the USB cable the kindle comes with into the Iphone charger.

I love my kindle too!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Oh perfect, thanks all! I didn't realise I can plug it into my PC or use my iPhone charger.
I've been looking at ebooks already and it's a shame that some of them aren't available in Australia!

message 6: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 266 comments there is also a cord attachment that recharges your device. just plug it into any wall or surge protector.