The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Cato

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok so I know Alexander Ludwig is playing Cato. I've never seen Race To Witch Mountain. And since Cato is my favorite character I really hope he can play the kid well. So tell me what u think of Cato.AND can sombeody tell me how good of an actor he was in Race To Witch Mountain.

maddie he was pretty good. acted great, kept in character..i kinda think he should play peeta and it should be the other way around.i mean, ludwig already has blaonde hair, all they do is curl it or maybe its naturally curly and he has blue eyes...hes like kinda born to play the part. thats only th switcheroo in thefilming of the movie..if he wasnt caste, iprobably wouldnt have mentioned him to be instead portraying peeta

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 30, 2011 09:05AM) (new)

He actually auditioned for the part of Peeta, but apparently the casting people liked Josh better. I wonder what he did to get the part of Cato though?

Natalie maddie wrote: "he was pretty good. acted great, kept in character..i kinda think he should play peeta and it should be the other way around.i mean, ludwig already has blaonde hair, all they do is curl it or maybe..." I think there's so much more to Peeta than just his looks. I've seen interviews with Josh and, although I was skeptical at first, he has that charismatic, self-deprecating quality that's just so Peeta. Plus, with the things they can do with hair and makeup these days, appearance doesn't worry me.

maddie Jade wrote: "He actually auditioned for the part of Peeta, but apparently the casting people liked Josh better. I wonder what he did to get the part of Cato though?"

just like their private lessons with the gamemakers

Chloe He was a good actor, and I can see Alexander Ludwig playing the part of Cato for sure.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "maddie wrote: "he was pretty good. acted great, kept in character..i kinda think he should play peeta and it should be the other way around.i mean, ludwig already has blaonde hair, all they do is c..."

Lol your right I guess we will never know

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

maddie wrote: "Jade wrote: "He actually auditioned for the part of Peeta, but apparently the casting people liked Josh better. I wonder what he did to get the part of Cato though?"

just like their private less..."

I KNOW

maddie thats so creepy ...atleast theyre keeping some things like the book in the making of the movie

message 10: by Yazna (last edited Jul 17, 2011 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yazna ya... the casting too, no one outside the movie can choose the cast..

Cast = Tributes

Movie maker people/thing = The Capitol/Government

Us/ the totally helpless..don't have a say.. can only watch = the districts watching

We're slowly Coming to a Hunger Game era!!! D:

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Omg that made me laugh. Wow I guess it is true.

Jordynn jansen so true

maddie That would be cool... But scary still

Samantha Shipman I'm confused. Why in the world would Cato be your favorite character? He was pretty much all-around unlikeable!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "I'm confused. Why in the world would Cato be your favorite character? He was pretty much all-around unlikeable!"

I have to agree - what is there to like about Cato? He's a bit of blood-thirsty psychopath isn't he?

message 16: by Darlene (last edited Aug 01, 2011 12:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Darlene ^I agree with the person who made this post(Jade--hey I have a friend named Jade). He's not my favorite character but he's really interesting & I like him. I liked Alexander Ludwg in that movie, I bet he'll make a great Cato

Julia Alexander Ludwig does NOT make me think of Cato. He just dosent seem scary enough.He doesnt look really muscular like i imagine Cato. Maybe hes been lifting weights r something? I can only hope!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

well why I like Cato I dont even know myself
I just seem to like the villains
I ...honestly..don't..know lol

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Like I imagined Cato as a big brute...not a regular sized blonde (is he regular sized I dunno)

Will :) Hes not...BUFF enough. He is blond and on the skinnier side. They are gonna have to give him some MUSCLES!

Hydrangea I like Josh Hutcherson, but I am still a disbeliever if he can pull off Peeta; Josh seems kindda short to be the love interest for the tall glamourous Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. I do think she'll make a good Katniss though. I also don't think Josh is buff enough. From the first book, the thing Peeta has going for him when he tries out with the game keepers is his strength. I agree Josh has that self-depreciating charisma and I adore his other work, but I saw a picture from the filming and Josh didn't look desirable with dyed blonde hair. It was on the orange tingy dark root side. I do, however, think that Liam is a good cast as Gale. Finally getting back to the question :), as far as Alexander for Cato, I agree he'll have to bulk up for the role. I guess we'll see how it all turns out. Very exciting! A side note, do you think Alexander Ludwig could play Jace in Hunger Games?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) LIAM WAS A GOOD CAST FOR GALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?? Liam is wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo ugly!!! and no to mention he looks dumb.... (SORRY LIAM!!)

[Coco] Alexander Ludwig is totally the peeta type of guy!!! Come on, directors! He's too innocent looking to play Cato!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) He shouldn't be Cato...I agree...However we have to trust the directors?!

[Coco] Hopefully they have good judgment, but they'll need to get that boy some muscle!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) True, he's doesn't look strong at all..

[Coco] Maybe they'll make him wear a muscle suit lol I would love that.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) haah..That would be funny!! I think they all had to work out or something.

Megan I loved him in race to which mountain...id trust him playing FINNICK(and thats sayng something)