The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7) The Pillars of Creation discussion

I was just wondering...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Haley Can anyone explain to me how it was possible for Richard to have been able to read the book "The Pillars of Creation" in high D'Haran before he confronted Jennsen at the end of the book? I don't see how it would have been possible. He had been knocked out by some magic, and when he woke up he would have immediately sought to find Kahlan. What the heck? haha.

message 2: by M.J. (new) - rated it 1 star

M.J. Schutte I also questioned a few things in the series. It's just who I am, I suppose! I tried writing my book in such a way that there are never any unexplained stuff. Don't know if I succeeded......
Still think Terry Goodkind is brilliant though!!!

Dana Rongione This one was definitely my least favorite in the series. I felt like many things were left unexplained, and I didn't like that the "main characters" didn't enter the story until the book was 2/3 over. Overall, though, the series is a must read!

message 4: by Todd (new)

Todd Just curious who Lauren is?? And why Richard and Kahlan are in such dire straits per the book description but I have read nothing about them through the first 45 chapters?

Really think they could have done a better job on the write-up.

Jessika Dana wrote: "This one was definitely my least favorite in the series. I felt like many things were left unexplained, and I didn't like that the "main characters" didn't enter the story until the book was 2/3 ov..."

I agree, I kept wanting to put it down, only reason I kept reading was for Jennsen. She was pretty interesting, hated the other one that was in it. I can't place his name, but I know it.

Aaron Carson Oh I LOVED that the main characters didn't enter into it until later, it was so nice to have a break.

Stephen Aaron wrote: "Oh I LOVED that the main characters didn't enter into it until later, it was so nice to have a break."

I agree, Aaron. Let others shine in Goodkind's world.

Aaron Carson Thank you Stephen, and for me it adds to a bit more of a sense of realism. I don't want to be constantly conscious of how special the main characters are. Every time a conceit is used to glamourize heros and heroines in books or movies, it jolts me back into my body and out of the story. It can be very alarming.

LaziMantis Vasquez Jessika wrote: "Dana wrote: "This one was definitely my least favorite in the series. I felt like many things were left unexplained, and I didn't like that the "main characters" didn't enter the story until the bo..."

Oba the Oaf Oba Raul

Deborah Whitcomb It's been a while since I read "Pillars", but I really appreciate the idea of a saga series where all characters are fair game for strife and destruction...As I recall my sense of the two main characters having experiences away from each other, but needing to maintain the connection to each other was the dramatic tension...it was the "pause" in the saga....

LaziMantis Vasquez Deborah wrote: "It's been a while since I read "Pillars", but I really appreciate the idea of a saga series where all characters are fair game for strife and destruction...As I recall my sense of the two main char..."

to me its what we anime fans call a filler sure it spreads the story out give new characters a chance to get involved but i think at the same time it take away from the suspense and depth of the main protagonists

Deborah Whitcomb Lazi wrote: "Deborah wrote: "It's been a while since I read "Pillars", but I really appreciate the idea of a saga series where all characters are fair game for strife and destruction...As I recall my sense of t..."

You may call it filler...but as I recall the two main characters spent most of the book apart. By keeping the main characters separated we learn about different aspects of their character we might not learn about otherwise...but it was one of the least "dramatic" books of the series...