The Moderator Corner discussion

How to... > Create and Organize Folders

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten This is something really easy to do, but something pretty important for organization in your group.
There's two ways to create a folder. One way is you can go and add a new topic to your group, and instead click on the button "add a folder". Then fill in the name and save!
It'll then take you to a page where you see all the folders laid out in the order they appear on the main group page. On that page you'll see options to move topics up, down, to the top, or to the bottom. There also will be a green button saying "add a folder". That's the second way you can add one.
There's another way you can get to this folder page, and that's by clicking on "more discussions" on your main group page, then clicking "edit folders" on the top right corner. That'll take you back to the page to edit folders.

message 2: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) In one of my groups there is a section for challenges just like there is a section for discussions. How can I put that on my group's page? It's like the 2011 challenge that is open for all Goodreads users but for the group.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

message 4: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Here's the group I'm talking about if you scroll down the page you will see what I'm asking.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Oh, I see. That's actually not something I've done before but I can look around and try to see how.
Okay, I've looked around and I don't see anywhere that seems like what it would be to do that. Why don't you start a topic on here and ask everyone?

message 6: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I JUST found out. I did ask around it's a beta test for the Goodreads feedback group.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Oooh. Okay. :)