What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Ancient Egyptian 50 Piece Board Game

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia I think I read this book in the 1980's. It was in paperback with a couch on the left of the cover and a table on the right. On the table was the ancient Egyptian Board Game. It was either mystery or fiction and the main character was a man. He had to find all 50 pieces to the board game or he would die. This board game was an actual board game played in Egypt. Thanks for any help you can give me. Patricia

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (readingwhilefemale) | 14 comments I don't know what the book might be, but I know that there is an Egyptian board game called Dogs and Jackals, and there is another one called Senet. That may or may not be helpful...

message 3: by Cheryl A (new)

Cheryl A | 68 comments Pat - I knew this was you!!! Still trying to find it?? Hopefully someone will come up with your book.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Thanks, Emily, for adding more information to my search. The game was Senet. I looked it up then and will do so again to refresh my memory. You've got me interested in the Dogs and Jackals game as well. Will check that out, too. Thanks again for your input. Every little bit helps. Pat

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hey, Cheryl, I was wondering if you'd find me - -ha, ha. This book was the first thing I thought of as you were explaining GoodReads to me. I won't give up looking for it. SOMEONE has got to know what it is. Also, I've found lots of "treasures" at Half-Price so one never knows. Pat

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Patricia, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Serendi (new)

Serendi If you are, could it be The Game of Thirty?

message 8: by She (new)

She Reads | 110 comments Jostle