The Great Debators © discussion

16 views
Mature Topics-Birth Controll > Birth Controll-When Married

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

SORTA doesnt make sense cause u want a child


message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 71 comments "SORTA doesnt make sense cause u want a child "

Not all married people want to pop out babies the whole time.


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Lauren. I think people can do whatever they want. If they want a baby then, fine. If they want a baby afterward, fine. If they dont want a baby at all, GREAT!


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Well Im sorry most people do.... SORRY!


message 5: by Alan (new)

Alan Jessica wrote: "Well Im sorry most people do.... SORRY!"

Most people may want to have kids once they get married, but most people do not want to have a kid every time they have sex or to have as many kids as they possibly can. 100+ years ago, yes, people tended to have large families with lots of children. Now, with the possible exceptions of mormons and catholics, most people tend to stop with one or two kids but probably don't stop having sex.


message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam It is even good for teenagers to have access to this since they may want to experiment with things and they may certainly not be interested in having children!


message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 71 comments That's cause half the babies died anyway. Now you don't need to play the odds with 6 children because one can live easily.


message 8: by Alan (new)

Alan Lauren wrote: "That's cause half the babies died anyway. Now you don't need to play the odds with 6 children because one can live easily."

High infant mortality rate was one reason to have large numbers of children. Agrarianism was another. On a farm, more kids means more mouths to feed...BUT also means more hands to work the fields.


message 9: by Adam (new)

Adam Christeen wrote: "Adam wrote: "It is even good for teenagers to have access to this since they may want to experiment with things and they may certainly not be interested in having children!"

hey, if you want to ..."


The two topics are extremely linked Christeen.


message 10: by Adam (new)

Adam Christeen wrote: "Alan wrote: "Lauren wrote: "That's cause half the babies died anyway. Now you don't need to play the odds with 6 children because one can live easily."

High infant mortality rate was one reason ..."


Just because Isaiah said it doesn't mean it was true all over the planet in ancient times.


back to top