The Great Debators © discussion

Mature Topics-Birth Controll > Birth Controll-Premaritial

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 71 comments Yes, because then if the girl gets pregnant the boy is less likely to stay. As opposed to a married couple.

message 2: by Alan (new)

Alan You shouldn't be jumping out of an airplane because it's stupid and risky (unless the plane is crashing). But if you do, use a parachute.

You shouldn't be shooting heroin because it's stupid and risky. But if you do, use a clean needle.

You shouldn't be drinking to get hammered because it's stupid and risky. But if you do, use a designated drive.

If someone is going to engage in behavior that is foolish or dangerous or risky, or behavior that you otherwise don't approve of...why on earth would you not want them to be as careful as possible while doing it?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 71 comments You shouldn't encourage car crashes with seat belts. It makes everyone feel WAY too safe.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 71 comments The fact is, I will have sex before I'm married. I know it will happen. In fact, I want it to happen so I won't be the lame one with no experience when I get married. So, knowing it's going to happen, I might as well be safe about it.

See, you'll never stop people from having sex because it's just too much fun. You'll only increase pregnancy rates and disease rates by preventing people from protecting themselves. Kids with chastity rings have sex just as often, but with less protection.

message 5: by Adam (new)

Adam Christeen wrote: "well, if tow christians get married, there is a good chance that both will be vergens and both wont know what to do."

And that is a shame.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a good point.....

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam Christeen wrote: "not really. Adam and Eve had no idea waht it was and they figured it out. enough to create a the human race"

1) Prove to me that Adam and Eve existed.
2) Prove that you can generate a viable species from TWO people.

By (2) I assume you must believe that Eve also had children with Cain and Abel right?

message 8: by Adam (new)

Adam So... if one becomes Christian Adam and Eve exist, if someone is NOT Christian then Adam and Eve do NOT exist. How does this make any sense at all???

So you are perfectly okay with incest provided you cannot find any other humans to have sex with?