The Moderator Corner discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Feel free to introduce yourself here

I'll start!
I'm Lynx. I've been on GR for a couple years now and have gotten addicted to roleplaying. :P I love violent roleplays. What's not to like?! Anyway, I'm a moderator in several groups and the head moderator in an awesomely active Hunger Games group and its couple side groups.
My hobby is making chain maille. It's cooool. :) I'm just drawn to metallic things.... really drawn to them...
Um... yeah, that was a weird introduction, but then again I am weird. Thanks for joining the group!

The Lonely Angel Im sapz! hear me roar!

message 3: by Lionlord (new)

Lionlord I'm James mod to a few groups and head mod to a camp halfblood group.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Wow, people already and I haven't even gotten around to the real stuff! :D Welcome! I'll be adding more topics soon.

message 5: by Lionlord (new)

Lionlord CAN I mod this group?

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten No, sorry. :) I want to actually get it up before I start adding people as moderators.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten *High fives fellow fan of shiny things*

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten That's cool.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten What do you think of the group pic? I was having trouble thinking of and finding a good one, but I thought this wasn't bad.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hola! I am Silverstream, head mod to:

-Fantastic Wolf RP
-Cats and Company
-Fruits Basket RP
-Shiver RP
-Anime Academy

And more! I'm just to lazy to list the rest. Anyway, I like roleplaying animals, and mythical creatures. Normal humans are way too boring. I love Harry Potter, the Shiver Series, X-Men, and most of all, James McAvoy.

Nice to meet you all!

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments Guten tag! I'm Cody. I'm a mod of well many groups

Fiction books, random chat, and a little roleplay
The Hunger Games-Roleplay (Lynx's group :D)
Realistic RP
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (and all of it's side groups)
The Medieval Ages
Lord of the Rings group
and
Debate of all sorts

Anyways, I'm addicted to medieval ages, I'm a student of Karate, I enjoy making chainmaille, I like to debate about anything, I like violent RP's (Romance is boring) and well I've been part of Goodreads for well over a year now :D

message 12: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewbeck) Hola! I am Sockkitty, and Penny is a horse. . . . . . She is a paint, with a brown rear end, head, and spots on her white coat.

I am a mod of 10 out of 20 groups. . .I really don't feel like posting them, then you can track me down *Looks around for stalkers*

I am also drawn to sharp objects. . . . .But, with my mind, things usually don't end well for people next to me. . .Or me. That's why my friends watch me when I cut. Not for long!!!!

I love reading (Well, I am on GoodReads! DUH!), drawing (Even though I suck at it), umm, annoying my friends and much more. I hope I can meet up to your standards.

Oh, I almost forgot: I am a female, I love horses and art, my favorite color is orange. My favorite food is salmon or other fish (Like shrimp, tilapia), and I love ice cream!

message 13: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments I like sharp and pointy objects... I need an updated picture of them sometime...

message 14: by Summer ☀️ (new)

Summer ☀️ (summerroxyursox) | 1 comments Hi everyone!! I'm SUMMER!!! :D
I am mods for a couple of some private groups, and a head mod of some....

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I'm Yums. I love roleplaying, animals, and being a leader. :P I'm so in love with Enrique Iglesias it's not even funny.

I mod almost all of the 15 groups I am in.

message 16: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Hola! I'm Shay. I enjoy horses, roleplaying, and having a leadership role. I volunteer like crazy at atleast five different organizations.

I moderate in 11/18 of my groups.

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hola Shay!

message 18: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Long time no see, Yums!

message 19: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Do I know you?

message 20: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Was your name perhaps Eleanor before?

message 21: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) That's why I thought you were Eleanor.

message 22: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Exactly.

message 23: by Kayla (new)

Kayla ☠Loudfire♥ wrote: "I don't think I've seen you on goodreads before...so probably no.
But now you do! I'm loudfire :)

who's Enrique Iglesias?"

Chat. Topic. Now.

message 24: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) Hi guys, my names Bobbie. Just Bobbie. I'm a big reader and a good writer- I'd say. I really like to Roleplay and that's what most of my groups are about. I'm a good moderator and if I'm a co-mod I help out ALOT and make all the right decisions. I think I could give good advice, lawl :P

I've been mod of alot of groups and have a few now. Again there mostly roleplay and since I've got alot of exprience in that deparment they do pretty well. I've got one group that's for writers and reviewers that I think would help new writers alot!

HIYA EVERYONE!

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 48 comments Mod
I couldn't even tell you how many groups I am the moderator of, but let me tell you, I've been on Goodreads since 2008, and am in almost a hundred groups. Granted, they're not all super active, but last time I checked I was a moderator in twenty or thirty of them. I can count if you wish.

People invite me to groups a lot, so feel lucky I joined. (: Right now I have over 160 group invites. Sigh.

By the way, call me Falls. I'm the dark and depressing one and give my honest opinion. Always.

message 26: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) HI loudfire :D, Hi Falls.

wow you should do something about those invites. either check 'em all or delete them. it usually depends on my mood. lol

soooo do you keep up with all your groups. have you ever removed yourself from some??

message 27: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Hi everyone! I'm Ji Mei. I read a lot and I try to write. I got addicted to GR because of the roleplays, which I think are a great way to start practicing writing. Anyways, I'm a mod in some groups and I thought this group sounded interesting.

message 28: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Hi

Bobbie -___- parsimonious or ^.^ Mellifluous wrote: "HI loudfire :D, Hi Falls.

wow you should do something about those invites. either check 'em all or delete them. it usually depends on my mood. lol

soooo do you keep up with all your groups. have..."

Usually I save the invites for a slow day when I need something to roleplay.

But yes, I have deleted myself before. Usually the ones that are too fast paced for me. I'm talking a thousand posts in a few hours at all hours of the morning and night fast paced. (:

message 30: by Ana (new)

Ana (ana-and-the-timeturners) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Ana-Maria, but you can call me Ana. I was born on July the 3rd 1997 (that means I've been 14 years old for a short time :D). I'm from Bucharest, Romania. I speak Romanian (obviously!), English (still obviously), French, Turkish, a little Spanish and a little German. I love reading, writing, chatting with friends, listening to music, singing and rollerskating ;)

Think that's kind of all about me

-Ana.(;

message 31: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) Everybody has to do that sometimes Fall. Usually when school picks up for me, I can't keep up with everything. I...see how it works out from there. lol

message 32: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) Ana *Peace.Love.Happiness* wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Ana-Maria, but you can call me Ana. I was born on July the 3rd 1997 (that means I've been 14 years old for a short time :D). I'm from Bucharest, Romania. I speak Romanian (obviousl..."

You sound cool, mainly because all the languages! how do you do it?! *faceplam* I mean... whew

message 33: by Ana (new)

Ana (ana-and-the-timeturners) | 4 comments I simply have a talent in learning languages. Or, at least that's what my foreign language teachers say =D

message 34: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) I SUCK at that, I'm know one language. FAIL D:

message 35: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) | 8 comments Hello everyone, I'm Brianna.

I'm currently a mod for a couple of groups, most of which are pitifully inactive, save for a few people.

message 36: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 138 comments Hey I'm Swimmergirl and I have been wanting to make a group like this as soon as I could make a group, so I'm exited about this.

Okay. My statistics, since others seem to be putting up theirs.

I am in 94 groups and am a moderator in 30 of them. (:

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten wow. I haven't made it up to 94 groups. Well, I have... but I try not to stay in more then 20 at once. I get bored easily.... I've probably been in over 100 groups, and been a moderator in half of them. No idea about it currently though.

message 39: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 138 comments WOW! I'm in let's see....26 groups, and I'm mod in two.

message 40: by Ana (new)

Ana (ana-and-the-timeturners) | 4 comments Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* wrote: "Okay. My statistics, since others seem to be putting up theirs.

I am in 94 groups and am a moderator in 30 of them. (:"

Really cool!! ;) (;

message 41: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Hi other people! ^_^

message 42: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) Lynx wrote: "wow. I haven't made it up to 94 groups. Well, I have... but I try not to stay in more then 20 at once. I get bored easily.... I've probably been in over 100 groups, and been a moderator in half of ..."

Same here

message 43: by ♔Queenie♔ (new)

♔Queenie♔ | 5 comments Hiya everyone i'm Queenie, i'm a mod in a few groups but i think i've woefully neglected them all recently. I suspect Lynx invited me to show me how proactive everyone else is (yey -_-) lol. I too like violent RPs (does this say something about me?), and i read tooooo much (according to my mum) :).

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten haha. Hey Queenie. ;) Haven't talked to you in a while!

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I can never take being in that many groups. You have talent, Falls :P

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Yeah. You do, Falls. :) The most I've managed was 60! And I ignored half of them. Or they weren't active groups.... So then I started leaving them... and now I don't join more then 20 total. I'm only in 13 right now, and I'm moderator in 8 of them. if I remember right....

message 47: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  (zoningout) I had alot once upon a time, but I usually come around and delete the inactive ones...

message 48: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Hey! I'm Aria.

message 49: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Hello! :)

message 50: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 59 comments Hey, I'm Madeline! :)

« previous 1 3