Quixotic Night Press discussion

How do you like your ebooks?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Quix (new)

Quix (quixoticnight) | 1 comments Mod
How do you like your ebooks?

What's your favorite ereader? Kobo? Kindle? Nook? iPad?

Which formats do you prefer to have your ebooks in? .epub? .mobi? All of them at once?

How do you manage your elibrary?

We want to know! :D

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Bocci | 1 comments I have a Nook (color, if that matters) but am otherwise indifferent. It's got kindle for android on it, so I'm good with either of those formats!

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Kindle, thanks for the invite.

Thomas Scofield | 1 comments I prefer my ebooks in .epub format, mostly so I can keep consistency. I sometimes switch between my iPhone and my Kobo (and the Kobo app on my iPhone).

Of the ereaders I've tried, I like the Kobo best (it's the lightest).

And my elibrary is a complete and total mess, so I'm interested to see how other people manage theirs!

message 5: by Pia (new)

Pia (piaveleno) Hi, thanks for the invite!

I'm a Kindle whore. I'll never switch to a backlit or color screen. So .mobi or .prc for me.

I'm a bit OCD, so I have a file in my Dropbox for my ebooks. I have them sorted for M/M, horror, and other, but also keep all but the worst on the device, even after I've read it. (The Kindle itself has more categories than my back up folder!)

message 6: by Neil (new)

Neil Davies (nwdavies) | 1 comments Kindle ideally although I use the free calibre ebook management software which can convert epub etc. before transferring them to the kindle so that's ok too. Just not pdf or txt please!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne (annemwhite) I've yet to make the jump to ebooks; it's not that I'm a Luddite, but I just love the feel, the smell, the act of turning pages...

I know I'll eventually get an ereader - and I know that I'll enjoy it - but for now, there's just something comforting about a traditional book and a night light that I need.

message 8: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Tarwater (backthatelfup) I have a Sony Pocket Reader so any format is fine. I prefer ebup and use Calibre to transfer files. What I care about most is whether the person who makes the digital file maintains the integrity of the text when it changes from a .doc to a ._____ I've opened books that were offered from an author him/herself, only to find lack of paragraphs, weird spacing issues. I've received books that had numbers sprinkled throughout the text.

Basically, I like my ebooks to have the same amount of care given to them that a paper book has.