Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Talk Genre > General SFR News

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (last edited Jun 29, 2011 12:44PM) (new)

Jan (janoda) | 226 comments I thought we could have a General News thread where we can notify each other of (and discuss) SFR related news (duh!) that isn't covered in the New Releases/Promotions section.

Just saw on the #RWA11 (the Romance Writers of America Conference) twitter feed, that apparently Carina Press mix of books for 2011 will be comprised of 10% Science Fiction Romance, coming from 6% in 2010.

Since they are publishing about 190 books this year, that means at least 19 SFR titles :) YAY

message 2: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments that's good news! when is the awards ceremony, do you know? got some SFR up.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) | 226 comments No idea, but I'm following the RWA hashtag like a maniac. I'm also keeping an eye out on the Dear Author and SmartBitches blog...

message 4: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Thanks for doing the hard work! I'm being lame. LOL!

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) | 226 comments More news from RWA, this time in the form of a blog by someone from All About Romance. I'll quote the relevant part:

That’s not to say erotic romance is the only game in town – not by a long shot. Paranormals continue to be strong as does steampunk. In addition, I ran into more authors who have sold sci-fi/futuristic romance than I think I’ve ever seen in one place. For years, Linnea Sinclair was the main author that I knew of writing these types of books, but it seems to be a growing trend.

Complete article: http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=6679

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if the readers would just follow....

message 7: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments :-) Now if only I could finish one of my wips.