Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Gratuitous self-promotion

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I have a brand spanking new song that I threw onto CDBaby as a single download if anybody wants to hear it. I haven't even told my mailing list yet, so y'all are the first. It'll be on iTunes etc. sometime in the next few weeks. This is folky Sarah not rock Sarah fyi. Cape Breton fiddle and all on a science fictional sea shanty.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sarahpinsker1

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Whoo-hoo! Good for you, Sarah. I just played the preview out my hotel window. Amsterdam likes you.

Will you mention when it's on iTunes? I'm too technically incompetent to get other mp3s on my iPod...

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Awesome! I'll check it out. Why this song now, Pi?

message 4: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments You thought of us first. That's awesome! (As is the song)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Good question. This song now because
a) it's all ocean-y and seems like a good one to release in the summer.

b)I'm getting impatient with my slow going on the next album - getting there but not fast enough

c)It's one of the two songs I'm playing for that contest and I want people to be able to buy it if they like it

d)I've never tried releasing a single before and I was curious about the process. (Answer: holy cow, super easy)

e)I don't have a lot of shows right now and it's nice to remind people I'm still making music.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jonathan wrote: "Whoo-hoo! Good for you, Sarah. I just played the preview out my hotel window. Amsterdam likes you."

Wow! It's gone international already!

Jonathan, will you still be in Amsterdam on Sunday night?

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments No, I have to go to London for a few days. Then I'll be back here next week.

What happens on Sunday the third?(Forgive me if I'm missing something totally obvious: I'm jet-lagged out of my mind.)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jonathan wrote: "
What happens on Sunday the third?(Forgive me if I'm missing something totally obvious: I'm jet-lagged out of my mind.)"

The Old Ceremony, the band I was trying to get janine to go see, is in Amsterdam that night. They're really fantastic live, and it's their first European tour so I was trying to get some people over to their shows.

message 9: by Jonathan (last edited Jun 29, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Oh, bad luck. I have an appointment to eat roast with some friends at the Marquis of Cornwallis pub on Sunday night. Will Old Ceremony be touring other Dutch towns? I'm here next weekend as well, and with the train system, everything is very easily within reach here.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Koeeoaddi wrote: "Awesome, Sarah! Is that you on guitar?"

Guitar, yes. The gorgeous fiddles, no, alas.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jonathan wrote: "Oh, bad luck. I have an appointment to eat roast with some friends at the Marquis of Cornwallis pub on Sunday night. Will Old Ceremony be touring other Dutch towns? I'm here next weekend as well, a..."

No, they did their other Dutch towns when they arrived in Europe - I think they're flying in and out of Amsterdam.
The rest of the tour is:
# WE 06.29 Gaswerk, Winterthur CH
# TH 06.30 Blue Note, Lahr DE
# FR 07.01 Victor & Gustave's, Dijon FR
# SA 07.02 Kilkenny Pub, Dijon FR
# SU 07.03 Skek, Amsterdam NL

message 12: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I'd love to go to Dijon for Friday or Saturday, Sarah, but unfortunately I have work to do here...

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Me too. Oh well.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Sarah Pi wrote: "This is folky Sarah not rock Sarah fyi."

I've never heard rock Sarah but I like folky Sarah.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Excellent Sarah, thanks for the heads up.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Michael wrote: "Sarah Pi wrote: "This is folky Sarah not rock Sarah fyi."

I've never heard rock Sarah but I like folky Sarah."

Thanks!

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) I have never heard you before and I must say I like it!

message 18: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Awesome, Sarah! I'll download it through iTunes when it comes.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yay! And thank you! And I'll let you know!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Am I your first international Sale? I downloaded it already. Unfortunately won't have a chance to listen to it for a couple of hours as I'm at work.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Gail «the fence sitter» wrote: "Am I your first international Sale? I downloaded it already. Unfortunately won't have a chance to listen to it for a couple of hours as I'm at work."

For this song, yes! CDBaby even sent me a note to say so. Thanks and I hope you like it!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It's up at iTunes now!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I was just wondering about that, Sarah! Yay! I will buy it as soon as I get home tonight!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thanks!
There's an older version that I donated to a compilation album but this is the one listed as Waterwings off the Waterwings album/single.
I also put some somewhat lousy performance videos up on youtube at long last. Lousy in sound quality, that is.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooops sorry Sarah Pi I forgot to let you know how much I loved your song. I got distracted by an Australian team winning the Super 15!?.. I have no idea what happened, threads just get buried and I lose track.

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yay! Glad you liked it! I understand the distraction.

I feel like I should have warned Jackie that there are fiddles. Can you forgive the fiddles, Jackie? I seem to remember you had a thing against them, unless it was against violin in rock songs (slightly different, in my book.)

message 27: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Thanks for the heads up about iTunes, Sarah. I've got you on my iPod now. Great song.

message 28: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Yeah! It's downloaded. I just have to sinc my ipad.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yay!

message 30: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Welcome to TC Jason.

message 31: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Welcome, Mr. Jason.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Hi and welcome, Jason.
Just to put it in perspective, I have apparently made eleven thousand comments in TC, and I am therefore fairly certain that I am excitedly telling my friends about my new music, rather than spamming a group of strangers. Stick around for a while and you can probably do the same.

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Yes indeed Sarah.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Incidentally, Jason, your book does look interesting :)

message 35: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Sarah, I can't believe I missed this thread completely! Your single sounds great- I'm going to get it from iTunes as soon as I get home from work.

Great job :D

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thanks, Helena!

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thanks and thanks! Yay!

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yep! Only one million nine hundred thousand and thirty two more downloads and I'll be rich rich rich.

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thanks for doing your part.

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I love the word "torchlight."

message 41: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Did I make that up? I think Pi said torchlight in her song. She rhymed it with fight. Maybe? I've taken a lot of headache medicine today.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments smetchie wrote: "Did I make that up? I think Pi said torchlight in her song. She rhymed it with fight. Maybe? I've taken a lot of headache medicine today."

You didn't make it up! And thank you. I want to make a video of that song.

[image error]

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.