Official group of Cyn Balog discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Just introduce yourself so we can get to know you!!

message 2: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
My name is Lacey, I write in my free time, I'm currently taking a college course and working my way up to becoming an occupational therapist. I read almost everynight and Love, Love, Love, Cyn Balog's books!!

message 3: by Stina (new)

Stina Madison (stinamadsreads) | 1 comments Thanks for inviting me! My name is Christina, I read practically all day, and enjoy writing reviews for them. (Although I'm not a very good writer...) But I've read Fairy Tale and I look forward to reading the other books by Cyn Balog that are on my list!

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Hey there, thanks for the invitation! Glad to be here. Well, my name is Carol and I live in Alabama. I am a business manager by day but I have also just started my own company, on the side, doing freelance writing jobs. It seems that I have recently got on one huge reading kick. I have also started a local book club, there is about 3 or 4 of us who meet on a regular basis. Anyway, thanks for the invite.

message 5: by Gilbert&Gomez (new)

Gilbert&Gomez (gilbertgomez) | 1 comments Hey, thanks for the invite! I'm Enjoli and I live in Louisiana. I'm attending Loyola University in the fall and hope to be a book editor. I recently went to ALA conference her in New Orleans and met a ton of publishers and authors. It was so much fun!

message 6: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Thanks for inviting me! My name is Christina, I read practically all day, and enjoy writing reviews for them. (Although I'm not a very good writer...) But I've read Fairy Tale and I look forward to..."

Hey Carol!! Nice to meet you :) I'm like you, if I had a chance to read all day I would!! Reading is so much better than tv to me, LoL. But I loved Fairy Tale too, and Sleepless was really good also, I enjoy them both very much. But if you have any ideas for the group don't hesitate to add them, create whatever topics you want, I'm up to anything. But I hope you enjoy this group and that it keeps on growing!! Have a fantastic day!!

message 7: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Carol wrote: "Hey there, thanks for the invitation! Glad to be here. Well, my name is Carol and I live in Alabama. I am a business manager by day but I have also just started my own company, on the side, doing f..."

That is so cool about your buisness I hope it grows financially well and that its everything you want it to be. As for your book club, I've always wanted to be in one but with my schedule right now, it seems it doesn't fit...But same goes to you, any ideas go on right ahead and put them up!! and Have a fantastic day...

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie Merriam (amerriam) | 1 comments Hello! Thanks for the invite! I am Angie Merriam, author of Neveah A Broken Forever and soon to be released Neveah Standing Broken! I love to read and look forward to checking out your books!

message 9: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Lacey wrote: "Christina wrote: "Thanks for inviting me! My name is Christina, I read practically all day, and enjoy writing reviews for them. (Although I'm not a very good writer...) But I've read Fairy Tale and..."

Nice to meet you!! And good luck on your dream!! And sounds like a lot of fun at the conference.

message 10: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Angie wrote: "Hello! Thanks for the invite! I am Angie Merriam, author of Neveah A Broken Forever and soon to be released Neveah Standing Broken! I love to read and look forward to checking out your books!"

Hey Angie! Nice to meet you, can't wait to get to know you and I'll have to check out your books! I'm always looking for new books to read, no matter how big or small they are :) But you should definately check the books out, Fairytale I think is much favorite thus far. Anyways like I said I'm up to new ideas and don't hesitate to make new folders or topics if you desire!!

message 11: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wolfe (twolfe) Hi! Thanks for the invite =) I'm Trisha Wolfe, the YA author of The Crystal Pendulum, a Steampunk/Para Ro releasing next year from Omnific. I'm also the creator of the YA book blog and author promotional site YA Bound. I live for reading and writing YA and I'm a huge fan of Cyn Balog! Glad to 'meet' everyone.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma | 5 comments Thanks for inviting me! i am emma, i am 13 and i love these books and cyn balog!!!!!!! i am decent at writing but never in a million years could write as good as these books are written!!!!!!!!!! i lik eheaps of books...but these ones are some of the best!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Legacy-serenity (new)

Legacy-serenity Devine (Legacy-Devine) | 1 comments Hey I'm Legacy Devine. Hey Lacey I like your name. I read a book with a character with your name and thats how I came up with the pen name Legacy.
Thanks for inviting me to this group Cyn.It made my day.
Keep writing, Legacy

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah (leannag) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Leah, I'm a teen reader from Australia.
I read Fairy Tale and loved it :)
Yeah... I read way to much. Thanks for inviting me to this group :)

message 15: by Lacey (last edited Jun 30, 2011 10:52PM) (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Hey guys Welcome!! Nice to meet you too! If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to shout it from the roof tops!! J/K but really share away :)

message 16: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Legacy-serenity wrote: "Hey I'm Legacy Devine. Hey Lacey I like your name. I read a book with a character with your name and thats how I came up with the pen name Legacy.
Thanks for inviting me to this group Cyn.It made ..."

Really? That's so cool, and I like my name too, it's not everyday you hear it, LoL.

and I loved the book "Legacy" very good!!

message 17: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Leah wrote: "Hi, I'm Leah, I'm a teen reader from Australia.
I read Fairy Tale and loved it :)
Yeah... I read way to much. Thanks for inviting me to this group :)"

Australia huh? That's so cool! Nice to meet you!! Hope you have some fun!! And I loved Fairy Tale too, love the characters.

message 18: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Trisha wrote: "Hi! Thanks for the invite =) I'm Trisha Wolfe, the YA author of The Crystal Pendulum, a Steampunk/Para Ro releasing next year from Omnific. I'm also the creator of the YA book blog and author promo..."

Awesome, I think I've heard of your books, haven't read them but willing to read them!!

message 19: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wolfe (twolfe) Lacey wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Hi! Thanks for the invite =) I'm Trisha Wolfe, the YA author of The Crystal Pendulum, a Steampunk/Para Ro releasing next year from Omnific. I'm also the creator of the YA book blog a..."

=D aw, thank you! And looking forward to this group! Happy writing.

message 20: by kari (new)

kari HI,
I'm Kari. I've read both Cyn Balog's books and I'm looking forward to the next one.

message 21: by Say (new)

Say (say_22) hi i'm say, from the philippines. i love to read and have read both cyn's books. =)

message 22: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Welcome Kari and Say!! Nice to meet you!!

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinsummerill) Hi I'm from Utah. I think Cyn is a talented writer. I can't wait for her next book.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments Hello Everyone!

My Name is Laura. I'm 29 years old, and from PA, USA. I mostly love YA because I find the characters and stories a lot more richer and more compelling and interesting. Although I do read adult novels from time to time.

My first book by Cyn Balog was "Sleepless," which I really enjoyed.

Some of my favorite books are The Shiver Series (Maggie Steifvater), The Heavenly Series (Jennifer Laurens), Twilight Series (Stephenie Meyer), The Across The Universe Series (Beth Revis) and The Nevermore Series (Kelly Creagh).

It's great to be here and meet and chat with you all!

message 25: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (stilltrouble) | 1 comments Hey, my name is Sherry. I am from NC and sell Auto & Home insurance. I love to read and do so anytime I have a free minute. I happen to love Cyn's books and her too. I am looking forward to Starstruck!

message 26: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Hey Sherry! Nice to meet you! Can't wait to read Starstruck too! And you should enter the contest we're hosting. Cyn Balogs going to give 2 books out for the contest and all you have to do is write about a time you were starstruck and it didn't end so well and then post it under the folder contest and the topic starstuck contest. Good luck!

message 27: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 2 comments Hi my name is Jodie. I am a bookseller and a book addict. I read a lot of YA because quite honestly, some of the best books lately are YA. I adore the way that Cyn Balog spins a tale. Thanks for inviting me.

message 28: by Kelly (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

Kelly (guidingsongbird) | 2 comments Oh, yeah. I guess I should jot something down here (hehe)!

Hey y'all. My name is Kelly, but translated in reverse it actually Ceallach. So, C is fine. Occupation wise: in-home cook/dietician/dance tutor, creative hazard, and a hopeful foodie writer.

I had a short glimpse of Cyn Balog's style, and hope to go back to it. What I can remember of her words is that they slid rather like vanilla ice cream, the nice thin kind. I really like any style that reminds me of food and brings me home for dinner, with a French dessert.
Oh, and thanks for inviting me!

message 29: by Mella (new)

Mella (bella_mella) Hey! My name is Mella and I'm a college student who LOVES reading YA books. I just recently finished Cyn Balog's Fairy Tale and I'm going to pick up Starstruck from the library today~

So excited to read it!

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (sayomay) | 5 comments Hey there! Im Sam and im a college sophmore who loves to read! I just finished Sleepless and i cant wait to get my hands on fairy tale and starsturck!

message 31: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (krististern) I see nobody has been here in a while but I love Cyn Balog and I've read all her books.

I'm a YA PNR book blogger, Kristi-The Book Faery and I'm ashamed to say I've only reviewed 2 of her books so far but I'll get to the rest!

Nice to meet everyone that's not here, LOL!

message 32: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 32 comments Mod
Kristi wrote: "I see nobody has been here in a while but I love Cyn Balog and I've read all her books.

I'm a YA PNR book blogger, Kristi-The Book Faery and I'm ashamed to say I've only reviewed 2 of her books ..."

LoL, I've been really busy, past the point of wanting to pull my hair out...anyways its nice to meet you! But its awesome to meet you and can't wait to discuss books with you.

And btw: what's your link to your blog, I'd love to follow you!