UAE Good Readers discussion

What will you be reading this summer {2011}?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jun 29, 2011 11:04AM) (new)

Melissa (mrsmelissa) During my travels in July, I am looking forward to listening to 'From Russia With Love' by Ian Fleming and I'll be reading 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll be reading the new novels from Philip Hensher, Jeffrey Eugenides abd Paul Hoffman.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mrsmelissa) I'm curious to hear about the new Eugenides book... Middlesex is in my 'to-read' bookcase.
I had to 'wiki' the other two authors ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The Marriage Plot is his third novel and publishes in the Autumn. My advance copy is perched on the bookcase glaring at me and making me feel guilty...

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mrsmelissa) I've only been working in a library since May, but the reader's guilt is starting to get the better of me! Reading status on GoodReads isn't helping my cause either!
That's why I've gone for a simple, quirky novel and an audio book for this month :) I'm beginning to envy people who don't know what they will read next...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

god yeah. i have my next six month's worth of reading gazing accusatorily at me from the shelf.

message 7: by Musafirs (new)

Musafirs   | 2 comments I am reading, Morden arabic -A Bilingual Reader by Ronak Husni & Daniel L.Newman, short stories by famous Writers from Arab World..

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds interesting! I'll have a look at it.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 15 comments Mod
I'm going to read Sophie's World, I hope, because I want to participate in the Meet-Ups book club in Abu Dhabi at long last. I've been trying to make it for months now. Something always comes up or I don't finish the book-- this may be why I've never joined a book club...
I've been reading a lot of young adult fiction this summer so far, which has been a blast.

Also reading Kraken.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mrsmelissa) I adore Jostein Gaarder! Happy reading :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I shall be spending this weekend in various cafes and bars in Dubai with my eReader in tow. Anyone else want to hook up for a social reading interface? It would be like a tweet-up, only more bookish. A GoodRead-Up....

message 12: by Nielouphar (new)

Nielouphar | 5 comments I'am currently reading A suitable boy by Vikram Seth. Its 1400 pages long!! I'am loving every bit of it :)

message 13: by Nielouphar (new)

Nielouphar | 5 comments @Melissa - We read 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' few months back at my book club. We absolutely loved it. Have you finished reading? How did you find the book?

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 15 comments Mod
Nielouphar wrote: "I'am currently reading A suitable boy by Vikram Seth. Its 1400 pages long!! I'am loving every bit of it :)"

I love that book! It was completely worth it.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

If you like the topic of stage magic, and the writing style of Carlos Ruiz Zafon, you should pick up The Manual of Darkness by Enrique de Heriz. For it is a delight.

message 16: by Reem (new)

Reem ALMulla | 2 comments >>"Nielouphar | 2 comments I'am currently reading A suitable boy by Vikram Seth. Its 1400 pages long!! I'am loving every bit of it :) "

Where can I find this book in sharjah or dubai ?

message 17: by Nielouphar (new)

Nielouphar | 5 comments I got my copy from India. I have come to know that its available at Book World, Kinokuniya. You could also try bookdepository.com. They have free delivery worldwide

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

it will be available at a virgin megastore, i'm pretty sure....

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mrsmelissa) @ Nielouphar - It took me no time at all to finish The Guernsey Literary & Potato Pie Peel Society. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I ended up registering & releasing it as a TRAVELLING BOOK through www.bookcrossing.com. BCID: 818-9979362

message 20: by Ammar (new)

Ammar Douba | 1 comments I am going to discover the world of Virginia Wolf

message 21: by فرفورة (new)

فرفورة | 2 comments في هذه الأيام وخلال فترة الإجازة الصيفية
اتطلع الى الإستفادة من الوقت من خلال قراءة الكتب المنتوعة كالقصص الإسلامية والروايات الأدبية