.:.Book Bodega.:. discussion

Misc. > Book Trailers

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammee (last edited Jun 29, 2011 05:16AM) (new)

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
Here are 2 book trailers for Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart, one for the hardcover guest starring James Franco and the other for the paperback guest starring Paul Giamatti.

Winner of 2011 Moby awards (for book trailers)

message 2: by Sammee (new)

the 2nd trailer feel a bit like he's trying to be Borat but both are still very funny

message 3: by Sammee (new)

Here is video of Isabel Gillies speaking about her book
Happens Every Day

message 4: by Lilybeth (new)

Lilybeth (_li_) | 335 comments Mod
I enjoyed both trailers for SSTLS far more than any page I've read of the book. LOL!
I'm struggling to get through this book...

message 5: by Lilybeth (new)

Looking forward to reading Gillies' book.

message 6: by Sammee (new)

Here is the book trailer for The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)by James Dashner

message 7: by Sammee (new)

Here is a quick interview with Ben Mezrich talking about Sex on the Moon: The Amazing Story Behind the Most Audacious Heist in History

message 8: by Lilybeth (new)

Can't wait to read both!

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments The trailer to the Maze Runner looks great and it matches the tone of the book somewhat. The trailer is just a tad darker, but still. I'd love to see this become a movie! :)

message 10: by Sammee (new)

The book trailer for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs is awesomely creepy! I can't wait to read this.

By the way, the film rights have already been sold to 20th Century Fox with Peter Chernin attached to produce. Ransom himself flew out to Belgium to shoot in several creepy old houses, bringing back some really fantastic footage. The two actors in the trailer are really Grandfather and grandson & it was shot in Los Angeles, CA.

Enjoy!

message 11: by Sammee (new)

This is the official trailer for the The Scorch Trials by James Dashner but I found this other trailer on youtube that I feel really sets the tone of what's to come.

message 12: by Steph (new)

Steph | 13 comments I didn't realize that they make real trailers for books. Man, am I out of touch with the future. Haha!

message 13: by Lilybeth (new)

There are some really good ones out there, Steph!

message 14: by Lilybeth (new)

I was flipping through Miss Peregrine's...at Target and I got excited. LOL Book looks so weird yet cool. :)

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments I cant wait to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!! Woo hoo!

And Steph, I didn't know either until this club got started... lol.

message 16: by Sammee (new)

Here are some video clips for The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The Official Book Trailer
Readers Review of the book
The Movie Trailer

message 17: by Sammee (new)

There seems to be no trailers out for The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by James Dashner but I did come across this little Sneak Preview 1 & Sneak Preview 2 by EZRead eBookstore

note: Sneak Preview 2 she discusses another book, Becca Fitzpatrick's sequel, "Silence," as well as James Dashner's, "The Death Cure"

message 18: by Lilybeth (new)

The Death Cure trailer

message 19: by Sammee (new)

Li wrote: "The Death Cure trailer"

Awesome! Thanks Li for finding this :) I think I'll start reading it this weekend

message 20: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments Yey!!! Already on Chapter 2!! its a good one so far :)

message 21: by Sammee (new)

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern book trailer

message 22: by Sammee (last edited Nov 22, 2011 06:07AM) (new)

I got chills, slightly teary-eyed & a smile across my face after viewing this. It's crazy how long ago this began & how it still makes me feel all warm, giddy & tingly
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Official Movie Trailer 1 [2001]

I tried to find trailers for Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner & When She Woke By Hillary Jordan but no luck yet. If you come across any please post

message 23: by Lilybeth (new)

No book trailer for Best Friends Forever but I found a clip of Jennifer Weiner reading an excerpt.

message 24: by Sammee (new)

'Clockwork Prince' by Cassandra Clare book trailer!
Cassandra Clare, the author best known for the Mortal Instrument series, is back with the second installment of her other New York Times best-selling series, The Infernal Devices Trilogy. As you count down the seconds until Dec. 6, when Clockwork Prince hits shelves, we have a haunting, cinematic trailer that will transport you to Victorian London, where Shadowhunters roam the misty streets, the Magister is up to his dark deeds, and the Tessa-Jem-Will love triangle continues.
If the voice in the trailer sounds familiar to you, that’s because it belongs to Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick, who also narrates the audio versions of the books. The third and final Infernal Devices book is slated for Sept. 2013.

message 25: by Lilybeth (new)

You beat me to it. I was going to post this too. :) Love the guy they chose for Will. Yumm!!

message 26: by Sammee (new)

See the trailer for 'Pure' by Julianna Baggott -- EXCLUSIVE
by Stephan Lee

There’s no shortage of dystopian YA novels out there. The subgenre has gone past being a trend, and now it seems to be reaching a saturation point. But even if you’ve read one too many post-apocalyptic teen novels lately, make room on your shelf for Pure by Julianna Baggott, because it’s a good one. Dark and wildly imaginative, it tells the story of Pressia, a 16-year-old girl badly burned from the Detonations, a man-made catastrophe that has changed the course of history. The Detonations have divided the world into two classes of people: Pressia and the other damaged people who live in a dangerous, ash-filled world; and the Pures, who live protected under the Dome.
The film rights have already been claimed by Fox after a heated bidding war, and the book comes out Feb. 8. In the meantime, check out the trailer below. If you thought Lisbeth Salander was a bizarre-looking heroine, you haven’t seen Pressia yet!