Impulse (Impulse, #1) Impulse discussion

The Ending

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lunabell Did you see it coming?

Amanda Lopez i didnt

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally didn't, just shattered my heart though :(

Caitlin Not really, did you guys know there is going to be a sequel? It's called Perfect.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "Not really, did you guys know there is going to be a sequel? It's called Perfect."

Can't wait! :D <3

Colby I saw it coming. When a character stops taking antidepressants, it's sometimes a sign that something is going to happen.

Savanah I didn't know it was coming! =(

can't wait for perfect to come out.

Jacob I feel sad because I did see it coming, i wished I could of experienced the shock like everyone else. I think because it was a Ellen Hoppkins book is why I was expecting an ending like this.
It's funny though, because when I read "Identical", I was completely shocked, but everyone else who read it said they saw it coming, and when I read, "Impulse", I saw it coming and nobody else did, go figure.
great book though, it stayes with me, and I can't wait for "Perfect" :)

Amber I saw it coming because I thought there must've been a reason for all the focus on the wilderness trip. Still depressed me, he was my favorite character.

message 10: by Deni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deni Perfect? without Conner :'( aren't there going to be new characters though?

Colby Yes, Deni. One of the characters is Connor's twin, Cara, and I believe the book takes place at or around the same time as Impulse.
And Ellen has also said we will see Tony and Vanessa some in Perfect, but not as much as in Impulse.

Ashley I knew something like that was going to happen, so I wasn't surprised. But I was still sad.

Maggie PERFECT, omg. Perfect (the sequel) was amazing. impulse is now my fav, and Perfect followed that now! Ahhh.

Maggie I felt SO bad for Connor though. All his life, he wanted to be loved. Hearing about his nanny grossed me out BIG TIME. But he really did envy the love between Tony and Vanessa. Plus he got emily taken away from him.

Gabriella I had a feeling it was coming. When he read the letter and through out the book he talked about family pressure. And when he stopped taking the antidepresents. Something was going to go wrong. I really loved this book though! It was probably the best book I've ever read!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

There's gonna be a sequal? :D Yes!

Aerial the sequal is already out. anyway i thought the ending was completely unexpected. but good. well not that connor died but how the way it wasnt supposed to be. when tony threw up, i almost did! that was some deep shit

Colby Conner's parents are assholes.

Kirby Colby wrote: "Conner's parents are assholes."

aren't they though?! I hate 'em!

Bonnie Rose I love this book and the ending absolutely crushed me. I was devestated. I read Perfect and the impact of Conner's death still crushes me. His parents are still assholes.

Kimberly Perfect isn't really the sequel. It's just a companion novel. It's about different people. Some of the characters knew the characters of Impulse. And I saw the ending coming towards the last few chapters. Everyone else was getting better and his thoughts were just as depressing as the begining of the book.

Bonnie Rose Jacob wrote: "I feel sad because I did see it coming, i wished I could of experienced the shock like everyone else. I think because it was a Ellen Hoppkins book is why I was expecting an ending like this.
It's ..."
I was shocked by the ending of Identical. You would think afterwards you'd gotten a clue, but I didn't. My mouth literally dropped and I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

Kimberly Londonmarie wrote: "Jacob wrote: "I feel sad because I did see it coming, i wished I could of experienced the shock like everyone else. I think because it was a Ellen Hoppkins book is why I was expecting an ending lik..."

I figured out towards the middle of the book. I was just hoping i was wrong lol

message 24: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Caitlin wrote: "Not really, did you guys know there is going to be a sequel? It's called Perfect."

I read Perfect and although it was good, it didn't capture my attention quite like her other books. Probably the least favorite so far.

Mikayla Really?

That makes me sad, i really enjoyed "Impulse" and wanted "Perfect" to just as good or even better.

Kayla I'm almost finished with perfect and I love it so far.

Mikayla Kayla wrote: "I'm almost finished with perfect and I love it so far."

you know how in the back of her books, each one has a lead to her next book whats in the back of "perfect"

Kenna I didn't know there was a sequel!!! SOOOO excited now!

I honestly didn't expect the ending AT ALL. I was shocked. I started bawling. I'm still sad.

Conner<3

Can't wait to read Perfect!!!

Kayla Makayla wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I'm almost finished with perfect and I love it so far."

you know how in the back of her books, each one has a lead to her next book whats in the back of "perfect""

I don't remember there being anything in the back of perfect, but I usually skip those. I think her next book that's coming out is either Smoked, which is the sequel to Burned or Tilt.

message 30: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Well, a friend of mine told me how it ended before I started reading the book or owned it for that matter.
But, when it did happen it broke my heart. He didn't deserve that ending but it made since. And besides...

Life's like that.

message 31: by Laerke (new)

Laerke I didn't see it coming at all. I was so close to crying cause I loved Connor and I felt so sorry for him. I really can't wait to get my hands on Perfect!

Mikayla I knew something bad was going to happen, i just didn't want to believe it. I was so upset about it.
As soon as I was done reading Impulse i bought Perfect and it was Wonderful!!!

message 33: by Josie (new) - added it

Josie E. No but i knew one of them was probley going to bite it becuse there were 3 of them if they had all lived it would have been somewaht to good to be true

Colby Honestly, while I did love Ellen's last two books, they were sort of underwhelming compared to her others. The poetry style in Perfect wasn't as unique as in her other books, and it sort of seemed like it was written quickly.

Alec John Jacob wrote: "I feel sad because I did see it coming, i wished I could of experienced the shock like everyone else. I think because it was a Ellen Hoppkins book is why I was expecting an ending like this.
It's ..."

The end of Identical was spoiled for me on here haha

message 36: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Brown I think its sad how his parnets wrote him a letter wanting him to be more like his sister but didnt ask how he was doing or telling hime they cant wait to till they see him hmmmmmm great parnets no wonder why he tried to commit sucide twice i bet when they found out he died they said if only he was like his sister.

Alec John His parents were stupid, that's why

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ i loved the ending sooooooooooo much even tho it broke my heart and i cried for a while. 1 of my faves

Ashley Gilmore I had really fallen for Connor in the book, and the ending just took my breath away. I cried so hard.

Megan Ashley wrote: "I had really fallen for Connor in the book, and the ending just took my breath away. I cried so hard."

ME TOO D:

I loved Connor. I felt like he was the most relatable, and I just think it's horrible the way no one noticed what was happening to him :c

Read Perfect (if you haven't already) and it'll tell you a little more about the situation. But, still. I liked Connor :c

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2012 02:15AM) (new)

Colby wrote: "Conner's parents are assholes."

Seconded!
I didn't see it coming at all. I got caught off guard by every book Ellen Hopkins wrote - Burned, Identical, Impulse,...

Megan E. wrote: "Colby wrote: "Conner's parents are assholes."

Seconded!
I didn't see it coming at all. I got caught off guard by every book Ellen Hopkins wrote - Burned, Identical, Impulse,..."

OMG Burned was crazy! I definitely didn't see the ending coming, but I still like it the best.

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ I have not read burned but I have read Identical and Impulse and Ive started crank. I was caught off gaurd too!identical made like totally not understand anything for a couple seconds, I totally didnt see it coming.Impulse made me cry soooooooo much, I had also fallen for conner :( he was the best character for me. I wish he had love vanessa, I dont know, I got sorta mad that she ended up with tony. :(

message 44: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Brown I like how it ended.....a perfect paper plane In Perfect (spolier) IT also ends ....... a perfect paper plane I looved this series sooooooooooomuch

Jessie Kayla wrote: "Makayla wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I'm almost finished with perfect and I love it so far."

you know how in the back of her books, each one has a lead to her next book whats in the back of "perfect""

I..."

I think her next book is going to be Tilt (sequeal to Triangles) and then Collaterall which is by its self and then in 2013 Smoke(sequeal to Burned) will be released.

Angelica Thompson he seemed totally fine until he got that letter and that's when I knew something was wrong but i didn't think that he would kill himself! and I feel like tony could have been there more for him but he was preoccupied with vanessa

message 47: by Maya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maya Pankratz I was totally not expecting it and though it did make me sad, I think it was a good addition to the book.