What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Short story: Human as Seeing eye dog to an alien [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Hi, I remember reading this short story about a human who is sent to act as a seeing eye dog for an alien sculptor who has become blind. It was in the 80s, I believe in the magazine of fantasy and science fiction. I think the title might have been "Guide Dog" but I'm unsure. I'd like to know the author to track down other books by him. Thanks.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments Author- Mike Conner. I remembered the title of the story from your heading, and reading the post confirmed it. He wrote another story or two about them , I think...

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?6210 Here you go-yep he did write more about the,

message 4: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Thanks! That's it exactly. I'll have to try and find his other works now.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Dmdutcher wrote: "Thanks! That's it exactly. I'll have to try and find his other works now."

Which of his book/s? I'm not finding "Guide Dog" or other fiction on Goodreads. Books can be manually added, but I might just be missing it.

If this book is on Goodreads, or can be added to Goodreads, I'd like to shelve it. Please post any link(s) here. Thanks!

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments not a book, novelette. published in a magazine. might have been republished in a book, won a nebula award.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Reprinted in Nebula Awards 27.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Rebecca and Dawn.