Spinward Fringe - The Official Group discussion

Oota Galoona (Ye Comedy Club)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith K (gyrhed) | 54 comments Come friends and brethren of the soul. Join in the frivolity with blessings from our most gracious host (Lewis) whose wisdom far exceeds his age.

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 16 comments Ahoy mateys! Drat, wrong costume! Brother Keith, we come anon. Greetings be to thee, and to Lewis our Liberator, our Freer, our Keeper of the ale. And where pray tell is Scheherizade? For surely no gathering in the Oota Galoona is of worth, without fair Scheher. C'mon girl! And bring chips and dip!

message 3: by Keith (new)

Keith K (gyrhed) | 54 comments Dearest Jasmine, surely thou must be a sister to my very soul, for thee took the words from mine own mind 'fore were e'en spoken. Only dearest sister twould have seen my flagon was drained and more mead would I require. Alas, methinks Sheher hath different schedule than we night dwellers. Mine own end of day rapidly approaches and soon sweet slumber shall o'ertake me. 'Twas an idea of grand proportion to retire to Ye Comedy Club.
YAR HAR HAR AND A BOTTLE OF RUM...AARRGGHH!!!

Sorry, pirate night is next Tuesday ... even I forget sometimes

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 16 comments Hie thee hence to TORTUGA! Pirate night is EVERY night! YAR HAR, OFF TO THE BAR!

Ok-eth! Pray tell what timezone ye be in Keith. For night and slumber have shuttered thy orbs to dream so soon? Sister Scheher lives to the far west of me and I enjoy the hours of the Mid-Atlantic/ Eastern Time where I be.

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith K (gyrhed) | 54 comments Verily I must admit that I reside e'en furthur west than fair Sheher 'tis pacific time where I be. Alas, mine own daily quest for bounty doth require my service deep into the night. When last we spoke the golden rays of daylight were gracing the morn.

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 16 comments Further west than Scheher? Take care lest ye fall from the edge of the known lands!

Pass the Naganto ale please ... Huzzah and huzzah, it is time to chilleth out. :)

message 7: by Keith (new)

Keith K (gyrhed) | 54 comments Ash, Noganto.... sweet nectar of the gods. Gladly will I pass thee more of this heav'nly liquid for I must partake of no more til dawn comes again. Alas, I fear I am doomed to toil in this accursed wasteland of a desert. Where thy very breath is stolen by dire heat. To chilleth out would be wondrous indeed! Enjoy thyself, methinks thou hast earned it!!

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 16 comments Ah me, poor poor Keith, toiling in a vast wasteland of desert... barely escaping the oppresive heat. I am crestfallen at the mere thought of thine torture. But wait, what is this I see before mine eyes? The bar menu? Tis time to peruse this blessed parchment to discover at last, a timely brew of eye of newt ...oops, wrong recipe ... a timely concoction to slake Keith's thirst.

Perhaps this will offer sweet relief, whenst thou can partake:
Its name kind sir? "Skip and Go Naked"( LOL-eth)

1 can frozen lemonade ... mixed as directed, but short it one can of water. Substitute that one can of water with one can of vodka. Then, pour in one can or bottle of beer (your choice, no particular brand)

Serve over ice, in your favorite flagon ... and quaff to your thirsty heart's content. Sounds strange I know, but oh so nice on a hot day. Of course, quaff sensibly. :D

Next up: Spinward Fringe, The Cookbook ..... hahahaha!

message 9: by Scheherizade (new)

Scheherizade Mq | 29 comments !!!ALERT!!! ***Slightly OFF COLOR POETRY***

So'z I was pahroosin' wit deez 'orbs', as yoose geyez sez, and yo, but I sees dis here club like joint. So'z I was next thinkin' a dis poem my dear sainted muddah told me when I'z was just a goil. It's, you know, melodic like all a yoose woids.

As I awoke this morning
When all sweet things are born
A robin perched upon my sill
To welcome coming dawn.
He sang a lovely melody
So sweetly did he sing
That thoughts of joy and happiness
In to my heart did spring;
And as he paused for a moments lull
I gently closed the window
And crushed his freakin' skull.

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 16 comments A toast! To the freakin' SKULL! So'z youse sounds like youse from da Bronx ... I was bawn theh, can'tcha tell by my accent?!

message 11: by Lewis (new)

Lewis Valent (lewis_valent) | 28 comments I can, indeed, tell by your accent. Well demonstrated.