Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

YA M/M Romance Group

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited Jun 28, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Hello everyone! I sent Jamie an email this morning asking her to please mention my new group to anyone here who might be interested in YA M/M Romance. Instead, she invited me to post about the group myself so here we go...

I've been the moderator of the M/M Romance group for two years and since we are an adults only group, I've had to turn away a lot of kids. It occurred to me that there are probably a lot of LGBTQ youth looking for a safe, friendly place to discuss the books that interest them. So, when a 15 year old boy tried to join my group a few weeks ago, I encouraged him to start a YA version. He did, made me a moderator and then promptly went AWOL! LOL.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone in this group has an interest in YA M/M Romance but it's a growing genre and I just wanted to let you all know there's a group available now to discuss it. We'd love to have you join us. YA M/M Romance.

Thank you Jamie for letting me post about my group :)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments Okay, call me dumb (well, ignorant), but what is M/M Romance? And what is LGBTQ?

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) You're not dumb! Thank you for asking. Male/Male and Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 44 comments Lori - I've been peeking in the new group. I've read some M/M erotica and a couple YA M/M. Don't read either one very much, still kinda on the fence, but you are on my radar!

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 325 comments I am a straight female but I am interested in books about gay people and especially interested in YA because I like the young love and self discovery. I will take a look at the group. :)