The Romance Reviews discussion

Un-active threads > 24 hour reading marathon Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Jun 28, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Suggestions for timesTo coordinate the best time to start. Or I can rotate the start times each month. 5am and 5pm PST. the DATE will be the last day of every day. The reason? To catch up on our reading challenge books. Of course you don't have to read a full 24 hours. But this is a mental note to say on the last day of the month I will have others with reading along with me and we can cheer each other on. Sit and have coffee. Take breaks and check each others progress. How does this sound?

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Jun 29, 2011 09:14AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Reserved
Miss Kenjii (PST)
Nichelle (PST)
Bridget

message 3: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle (ebondreamz) | 10 comments What challenge is this for Kenjii?

And Reserve this space for me...hehe

Unapologetic_Bookaholic It's not really a an official 'challenge' it's more a time slot to set aside for everyone to wrap up their challenges on the last day of every month. Like I said I know not everyone can read 24 hours but I'm saying more like. Take as much time as you can and read as much as you can to complete your challenges. Your in CA right? Hehe.

message 5: by Nichelle (last edited Jun 28, 2011 03:22PM) (new)

Nichelle (ebondreamz) | 10 comments LOL. Yes. In Cali. No challenges though other than the reading challenge on good reads. And I am ahead of schedule on it.

You have read 38 books toward your goal of 70 books.

38 of 70 (54%)
Great work, you're 4 books (5%) ahead.

LOL and I basically started on the first of June.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I have to keep bumping up my total, lol. I'm in all of reading challenge groups but I'm only apart of the challenges I host. I am slowly creeping back into a couple challenge groups again though. You should join our challenge here in TRR. It definately helps you get some reading done :)

message 7: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
what am I missing? I don't get this convo. LMAO.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Hey Sassy! I'm just suggesting a 24 period of time. The last day of the month to dedicate some time to finishing up your challenges. So we can come here and check in with each other. keep each other motivated. So I will post a thread. You can post a book or books your trying to finish by midnight.....hmmm....so I guess the marathon by default will be. Midnight June 29th to midnight June 30th PST so if your in a different time zone you cn join in for a few hours OR plan your own marathon from midnight to midnight,...the point is to make a mental note to finish your books :)

message 9: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
Ahh, Ok. I'm slow. I just thought this was brought up somewhere and I couldn't figure out where. LOL

message 10: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle (ebondreamz) | 10 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I have to keep bumping up my total, lol. I'm in all of reading challenge groups but I'm only apart of the challenges I host. I am slowly creeping back into a couple challenge groups again though. Y..."

Which challenge is that?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Same one..the GR reading challenge...I started at fifty I think and had read like 17 in january lol. So I bumped it to 65 And had read like half of that in 2 months so I'm up to 95 books total.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Sassy- nope! Just my brainstorming :)

message 13: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle (ebondreamz) | 10 comments very nice. I started june 1 and i am up to 38 lol

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Wooooow! What have you been readings!

message 15: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Great Idea but I don't think I will be able to keep up with that. I had a little trouble keeping up with the challenge this month and I did not quite finish it.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic There is nothing quite as strict about this..it can start now until the end of the month...I just like the 'fire' a 24 hour deadline puts under ya :)...

@Bronwyn- hope to see you next month!

message 17: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Sounds like a super plan (and I didn't even realize you could bump up your reading totals--awesome!). Count me in. :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Well guys I will start an official June marathon discussion thread and that's where we will list our current books, what we want to finish..get as nit picky as you want...

-how many hours you read?
-how many pages you read?
-favorite book reading snack?

The marathon won't start until midnight PST so totals won't count until then. But make your lists now and get organized :)