O. W. L. S. : Occupations for Wizards and witches Looking for Something to do discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Jun 28, 2011 12:45PM) (new)

Olivia (oerose) | 1252 comments Mod
So, as you may know from reading things on the Internet or from my recent title, J.K. Rowling has announced that she is creating an online Harry Potter gaming universe/ebook store. The whole world wide web has been buzzing about it, so my fellow Harry Potter fans, I would love for you to sign register your name on the site. (It technically doesn't open until October, but JKR says that a "lucky few" will get in early, on July 31.)

Here's the video that announces it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5DOKO...

Here's the sign up place: http://www.pottermore.com/

What do you think of Pottermore? Did you sign up? Are you excited?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) yea i have SO signed up already! or i put my email down. i found out about it two weeks ago and i am SO SO SO excited!

message 3: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

YES!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) i showed Rachel it yesterday. Can you believe she hadnt heard of it yet?!

message 5: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Really?

message 6: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

My second cousin says it's a scam, like Farmville or something. BUT IT'S FREE! Yes, it's connected to an ebook store, but I don't think that's so wrong, as long as the gaming area is the main focus.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) i know!! totally agree. you know why it took so long for rowling to release hp on ebooks? because she gets ALL the profit now! she doesnt have to go through a middleman! and it cant be that wrong because it is not just a sight for simply buying books and stuff! i mean its HARRY POTTER. theres going to be some awesomeness of course

message 8: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Anything HP related has to be at least a LITTLE bit awesome.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) has to! I cant wait until October

message 10: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Same...

message 11: by Madlenka, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Madlenka | 243 comments Mod
Oh MY GOSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soo excited for it it sounds really cool

message 12: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

I know! I wonder what you have to do to be one of the lucky few... it said that we'd get an email...

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) i know!! i am waiting breathlessly to see if I got in. i have checked my email a zillion times even though i know they dont send it to the end of this month.

message 14: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Yeah same.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I found out about it two weeks ago (give or take). So stoked!

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) Its already bookmarked in my computer! i go on it all the time, JUST to watch the video!

message 17: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Same!

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) 25 more days!!

message 19: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Yeah!

message 20: by Lake Tryo (new)

Lake Tryo | 37 comments I've put my email down!

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) same!!! how many more days now? 20? :) woooo

message 22: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Yay!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) you have a kindle?! whats the skin look like?

message 24: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Well, embracing the fact that Winnie the Pooh is coming back (yes Palmer, I so did =P ) I decided on this-

http://www.skinit.com/details.php?act...

I thought it was adorable, and I am a true Pooh fan. In fact, if I hadn't got my midnight Potter tickets, I would hope to be seeing that in the wee hours of Friday morning =P

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) haha. okayyyy i followed your link buttttttttt i didnt see any pooh happenings anywhere

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel same...

message 27: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Oh shoot yeah... hmm... ugh I hate skinit links they never work right...

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) well ill trust your instincts lol

message 29: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Has anyone seen any Pottermore related news lately? I'm getting restless...

(And btw, I got my skin yesterday. It's awesome!)

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) yay!!! and NOOO i keep on waiting until the 31 but it seem like its taking forever..partly because my birthday is the 29th and you know how it always seems like it takes forEVER to get to your birthday? it seems like i look at the date every day! but yea sorry :(

message 31: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Yeah I feel the same way! Except I'll most likely just check my inbox on the 31st to find out that they already chose who will be the first people and sign off disappointed... at least u have something to look forward to no matter what, lol.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) haha true that but i have the same feeling as you and how depressing an end that is going to be for my birthday :/.

but still, im excited haha

message 33: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

same lol

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I saw Winnie the Pooh today. And all my feelings of insolence are gone. POOF. Like that. It was cute! I laughed to the point of tears.

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) hahahahahah me and rachel are supposed to see that together one of these days!!

message 36: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

lol i'm seeing it with my little brother and his friend. my brother's really mad about it because he HATES Winnie the Pooh but his friend loves it, for some reason. (They're both 8)

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) Hahaha well, i hope that this movie converts him to a Pooh Lover!

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Who knows? This movie can work magic. Did for me! I confess that as a child i was an avid Pooh lover. But then one day I looked at Pooh and said "you're named after yucky stuff....time to grow up" 7 years later....what do you know? im a pooh fan again.

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) was anyone else horribly tricked about honey by Winnie besides me and Rachel? because...tragic things happened. Tragic, tragic, tragic things.

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hahaha. Tragic for sure! Luckily I wasn't fooled.

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) gah. you do not even understand the epic let-down ness that we experienced. I mean watch Winnie the Pooh and tell me that hunny does not look good! Because it freaking looks aMAZing! But then go and eat a freaking spoonful of hunny and taste the disapointment oozing over you tongue. Then magnify that by like a thousand because we were both little and hopeful

message 42: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

ikr! and you can't say it teaches kids to spell (at least not very well.)

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

message 44: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

lol yes but i love it anyways.

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) as do I

message 46: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

haha saw it today! and pottermore comes out in 2 days for the "lucky few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) guess what? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO. my lovely mom took me to the mall and gave me $500 to spend! i know right!! omg :).

message 48: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) and what did you spend it on? I wish I had 500 dollars to spend.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) a zillion pairs of earrings, a lot of cute shirts from AE and a cute pair of sparkly shorts from AE too, a cute owl necklace, owl bobbypins, and i got my second holes pierced on the lobes and cartilage. aaaand really cute bras and underwears lol. i still have like 90 left so she is taking me back tomorrow :D

message 50: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) Do you have an owl fetish? :)

« previous 1 3