What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Birth of the Firebringer (Firebringer, #1)
This topic is about Birth of the Firebringer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Horned horse against serpents [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 2 comments Hello all. I am looking for a book (obviously) that I read in the 80s. I would have been in the 5th or 6th grade, so around 1987 or 1988.

The book is a first person perspective from what is essentially a unicorn, but they do not refer to themselves as that. It follows this young unicorn on his coming of age journey into a valley where their old enemies the serpents sleep.

*SPOILERS*

In the course of his journey he awakens the snakes and discovers the secret of fire, as well as getting burned on his forehead. The cover features a few unicorns running in a field and I seem to recall that it was mostly orange and brown.

I can recall most of the plot but not the name of the book or characters. Can anybody help me on this one?

Thank you.

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 28, 2011 12:50PM) (new) - added it

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Could it be Birth of the Firebringer by Meredith Ann Pierce?

Birth of the Firebringer (Firebringer, #1) by Meredith Ann Pierce

Another cover that might be closer to what you remember: Birth of the Firebringer (Firebringer, #1) by Meredith Ann Pierce

message 3: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 2 comments Nailed it in one, amazing! That second cover is the one I remember. Thank you very much.

message 4: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments You're welcome! Glad I could help!