Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die discussion

The Blindness of the Heart
This topic is about The Blindness of the Heart
Specific List Books > The Blind Side of the Heart

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jun 28, 2011 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Elizabeth (Alaska) New to this, and am confused. Julia Franck appears to have two books with similar titles, but the descriptions look to be the same book.

The Blind Side of the Heart and
The Blindness of the Heart

I suspect these are the same book and that one is a different translation of the German title. It appears that the second book above is the first translation. Can anyone clarify?

Sandi | 227 comments They are the same book. German title: Die Mittagsfrau (2007) (UK: The Blind Side of the Heart (2009); US: The Blindness of the Heart) (2010).

Elizabeth (Alaska) Thank you, Sandi. That's what I thought and will proceed accordingly.

Sandi | 227 comments No problem! It might even be the same translation, US publishers like to change book titles sometimes (eg. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone).

message 5: by Cindy (last edited Jun 28, 2011 01:22PM) (new)

Cindy (newtomato) | 196 comments Good to know! If this isn't already listed in our thread 1001 Books With More Than One English Title, we should make sure it gets posted there.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Cindy, I posted over there, and thanks for the pointer to that thread!

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) | 196 comments :) I'm always curious about alternate titles.

Elizabeth (Alaska) There are some of the 1001 that I know I'll never read, but this was one, or at least I thought this was one, that I wanted to read. Got to make sure I'm adding the right one!

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) | 196 comments Absolutely! I got confused by The Elementary Particles/Atomised.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Cindy wrote: "Absolutely! I got confused by The Elementary Particles/Atomised."

LOL, how could you possibly be confused with that? ;-)